Losing to worse teams and uninspired by captain

kiba24

Reaction score
For some reason The team isn't inspired by Vermaelen which I don't understand at all. I concede tones of goals for having a good defense in Nagtomo Vermaelen koscielny/Mertesacker Jenkinson/Sagna. How can I improve my defence because for example I lost to Derby as Arsenal 3-2 and vs Anderlecht I was 2-0 down then 3-2 and then 3-3. I play fluid and attacking with a quick tempo and not a very high line.

Last edited:
i hate posts like this. they usually go:

i picked a good team with good players, but i picked my tactic and i'm losing with it, the game is broken.

The tactics are there for a reason, so change them if one doesn't work. Have a team talk, proper pep talk, play on a counter with a more rigid formation until your team gets confidence.

Just because the team plays in a certain way in real life does not mean your particular tactic emulates them exactly (due to attributes and AI), so you need to tweak it until you get it right, and have a backup strat for other formations, you can't just swing it by on one tactic, AI learns as well and will adapt to your tactics fairly quickly

Sometimes you simply need to bench or sell players that underperform in the game even if you have some special bond with them in real life. Make a new captain, bench vermaelen and see if that makes a difference.

THe possibilities are endless for you to try.

Last edited:
Sometimes you simply need to bench or sell players that underperform in the game even if you have some special bond with them in real life.

Such a difficult thing to do haha, even worse when a player you particularly like does well.

If you are playing a short passing game then play with a slower tempo. Play In between fluid and balanced for now

i was the same had desperate problems with my defence and passing and everything...i couldnt win or draw to save my life and im man utd....but reading Rapyer's comment saying change it up abit and change tactics...have to say its worked good so far, won my 1st game 1-0 but i dominated the game, had one or two scares but defence looked rock solid and comfortable along with my strikers getting there shots on target and the midfielders actually mixing it up instead of side to side, side to goalie...so ya ill see how it goes but changing tactics is definetly a good idea if you cant seem to win