Lost in the world of T.V's

zzeezzy

Reaction score
For christmas my grandparents (who I live with) have said they will put some towards buying a television of my choice and I done research but have got lost in the total world of what is out there.

Basically could anyone assist me in choosing one to buy, I need a television for actually watching casually like freeview and films. But also I will be using it for gaming on my xbox as well, the games I play really do vary (a lot of Fifa though).

So from this I guess you have grasped I need a good all-round television but the problem is I do not have an absolute shed-load to spend, my maximum amount is £400, if absolutely need be I could push it up to £450.

My bedroom is big and therefore I am still undecided on the size so any suggestions for the best tele I can get with £400 is much appreciated.

Cheers for the reply bud.

Also what do you think to LG tv's because I have seen a few of them in my price range with quite good reviews but they are mainly LCD's?

Last edited:

Also what do you think to LG tv's because I have seen a few of them in my price range with quite good reviews but they are mainly LCD's?

I have a 42" LG LED and its the **** mate, Blu Ray is phenomenal, PS3 is great! has 2 HDMI porst, 2 USB's etc and have never had a problem at all with it!

However, I do suggest a bigger TV than the 32" though..

They are definitely one of the best brands within your price range! The only one I would recommend above them is Sony and you will be very lucky to find a 42 inch Sony TV for under £450!

The LGs are ok but from a pure image point of view you will be happier with the Samsung I think. LGs are a decent panel but their red spectrum looks a little "fluorescent" by comparison. Still a good tv but the Samsung is better.