Capt Gunner

Reaction score
The topic basically explains it all. I have mad two quality tactics..one for away games and one for home games. I always create lots of CCCs in both formations but my team never scores them. The opposition then get one chance and then I loose or end up drawing :mad: :'(. Even if I win, its just 1-0.

I don't know if the game mechanics are just broken or if I am doing something wrong. Some of the "Half chances" I get in the game look like CCCs to me but the game does not even count them.

I am using Southampton with either Osvaldo or Rodriguez upfront I have uploaded screenshots for you to see. It is becoming a joke.
View attachment 420678View attachment 420661View attachment 420660View attachment 420654

The Man Utd and Norwich ones ****** me off so much. What can I do????

PS if I can solve this problem, I will release the tactics to the forum for testing as well​

Could you show us your tactic and formation? Can't really help if we can't see it.

The match engine sometimes seems scripted. The team with less control of the game is often more efficient in front of the goal. It is quite frustrating tbh. Basically I've had the same problem with every tactic I've used, so maybe you can't fix it by adjusting your tactics. In the case with Southampton you might just need better striker or better finishers on the wings.

How is your team doing in general? apart from these 4 matches.

The match engine sometimes seems scripted. The team with less control of the game is often more efficient in front of the goal. It is quite frustrating tbh. Basically I've had the same problem with every tactic I've used, so maybe you can't fix it by adjusting your tactics. In the case with Southampton you might just need better striker or better finishers on the wings.

How is your team doing in general? apart from these 4 matches.

I am 8th with 4 points off fourth. I have tried everything apart from better finishers because I thought gaston, lambert, Osvaldo etc were good enough. My players just miss the easiest of chances. The weird thing is that the goals my team score are not even the CCCs. They score screamers, corners, freekicks, etc. Then they miss one-on-ones. If I had won those matches that I lost, then I would be challenging for the title. I am pulling my hair out and I am bald on my head.

Could you show us your tactic and formation? Can't really help if we can't see it.

I don't think seeing the tactic would help as the tactic is creating CCCs which is what we all want. So i dont think making tactical changes would make a difference. The problem is my players missing one-on-ones. I have never had this problem in any FM i have played. You cannot imagine how many one-on-ones Osvaldo, Lallana and Gaston Ramires have missed.

But I will upload screenshots of tactics anyway in case I am wrong. PS ignore the players occupying the wrong positions. CBA moving them arround.

View attachment 420608View attachment 420607View attachment 420606

I don't think seeing the tactic would help as the tactic is creating CCCs which is what we all want. So i dont think making tactical changes would make a difference. The problem is my players missing one-on-ones. I have never had this problem in any FM i have played. You cannot imagine how many one-on-ones Osvaldo, Lallana and Gaston Ramires have missed.

But I will upload screenshots of tactics anyway in case I am wrong. PS ignore the players occupying the wrong positions. CBA moving them arround.

View attachment 498782View attachment 498783View attachment 498784
Actually it helps a lot :) well if you are getting most of your CCC's from your SS's running in behind, it's a known exploit. The problem with the exploit is that the CCC's are typically after running with the ball from deep, or the players shoot too early in CCC's to make them pay. You've just stumbled onto an exploit that makes CCC's, but never finishes them :S

Actually it helps a lot :) well if you are getting most of your CCC's from your SS's running in behind, it's a known exploit. The problem with the exploit is that the CCC's are typically after running with the ball from deep, or the players shoot too early in CCC's to make them pay. You've just stumbled onto an exploit that makes CCC's, but never finishes them :S

My Shadow Strikers, Attacking Midfielders and Strikers all get one-on-ones and miss. They don't shoot form long range though. The just miss the target or play it straight to the goalkeeper from inside the box. The also don't run with the ball on my tactics. Instead the striker passes the ball to them after dragging CBs out of position. Or vice versa

Is this really a known exploit?? I had no idea about that.

I am 8th with 4 points off fourth. I have tried everything apart from better finishers because I thought gaston, lambert, Osvaldo etc were good enough. My players just miss the easiest of chances. The weird thing is that the goals my team score are not even the CCCs. They score screamers, corners, freekicks, etc. Then they miss one-on-ones. If I had won those matches that I lost, then I would be challenging for the title. I am pulling my hair out and I am bald on my head.

So in essence you are doing well with Southampton and your problem is that the team is not grossly overperforming? :D

I don't know anything about that SS exploit but it seems your tactic is working and letting your team perform to its actual level. Your players are plenty good to end top half of the premier league but if you want to challenge for the title you probably need better players.

So in essence you are doing well with Southampton and your problem is that the team is not grossly overperforming? :D

I don't know anything about that SS exploit but it seems your tactic is working and letting your team perform to its actual level. Your players are plenty good to end top half of the premier league but if you want to challenge for the title you probably need better players.

Yes that is the problem (sounds silly but hear me out). In past games, I have always been able to overachieve with weaker teams. Plus if in real life, Southampton were constantly getting CCCs in matches then they would be world beaters. The problem with weaker teams is that they don't create chances which is not the case with me. Frigging Corneleus from Cardiff scores against me but osvaldo cannot. Frustrated.

I would be buzzing if i could overachieve, or actually, just to achieve something would be nice. You're doing great. Maybe the players aren't good enough to take those CCC? Or maybe the keepers you're up against are great keepers (De Gea & Krul are two from what I remember). I suggest keeping it going, train your strikers to place shots or round the keeper. All I can really suggest dude. Best of luck

can you upload the tactic i would like to give it a try. also one of the things i use is genie scout. i like to see players consistency and important matches stats. one of the reasons ive struggled with a Liverpool save is because Sturridge is useless because of them stats even though hes main attributes are pretty decent