lots of shots, half on target, even less goals

andywilmot

Reaction score
Can somebody explain to me how i can stop this, ive been faffing about for ages trying to sort it out but yet i still have 20 shots with 5 on target...

any reply will be appreciated cause im starting to get really irritated...

"work ball into box" shout and setting most midfielders and strikers to shoot less often from distance should help.

The players taking the shot are either in a bad position (too far out of the box, narrow angles, or under pressure from defenders) or their finishing, technique and long shots are pretty low.

Look in the analysis tab after the match at who is taking the most shots and limit their creativity and long shots, maybe they have ppm's like 'shoots from distance' and 'shoots with power' - ask them to stop. and ask them to 'place shots'. Increase the number of through balls.

I've found out that strikers with 'shoot with power' is a disaster! Everytime they get the ball they 'll blast it wide but after unlearning it my strikers have found their form again!

I've found out that strikers with 'shoot with power' is a disaster! Everytime they get the ball they 'll blast it wide but after unlearning it my strikers have found their form again!

Yeah I hate that PPM.
They shoot from any distance and usually just blast the ball straight at the GK when one on one.
I'm sure I could get more goals out of Jelle Vossen if he dropped his PPM.

Last edited:
Yeah I hate that PPM.
They shoot from any distance and usually just blast the ball straight at the GK when one on one.
I'm sure I could get more goals out of Jelle Vossen if he dropped his PPM.
Defoe has that PPM. Like you say everytime he's one on one he blasted to the GK, or blast it wide like he has no composure at all!! It's extremely frustrating that he cost me some matches. Then I decided to load FMRTE and deleted that PPM since I have no choice. After the PPM is gone he has scored 8 in his last 5 match now|)