LovanoFM

Reaction score
Introduction

This is my first ever tactic that I have created and that is actually working for me and some other people that have tested it for me. So now a little bit about me, I haven't played FM as long as most people only starting in 2008. I have written various stories on this website since last year and most of them have gone down well. When starting to create this tactic my plan was to make sure we defended well and hit teams on the counter.

The Tactic

View attachment 451502

When making tactics before they have never been successful but I have been getting some help from Seanhrfc who has taught me quite a lot about player roles and what different instructions do. The tactic is broke into two units the defensive unit and the attacking unit, The wing backs do attack when we are in possession so I am using two defensive midfielders to break up the play and support the two central defenders. The attacking unit is where the magic happens and I am using three strikers. The two wide strikers are set as inside forwards which means they can cut inside and offer another dimension in attack. I have found that having three strikers it stretches the defence which allows the advanced playmaker more freedom when trying to create opportunities.

Training

View attachment 451498

I set my training to Attacking movement throughout every season. If signing a lot of players I would advise using Team Cohesion throughout pre season and then switching to Attacking movement once the league starts.
Opposition Instructions

I let my assistant managers take control of the opposition instructions so I would make sure you sign an assistant manager with good tactical knowledge.

Key Players

Their are two main positions in this team and that is the inside forwards and the defensive midfielders. The inside forwards are where the most of your goals and assists come from. Whereas the defensive midfielders are key in breaking up the play and providing cover for the centre backs which allows the wing backs to bomb forward.

Results

View attachment 451492View attachment 451487View attachment 451485View attachment 451484

Key Player Stats

Goalkeeper (SK) : Pace, Acceleration, Decisions, Command of area, Rushing Out

Wing Backs (CWB) : Crossing, Tackling, Marking, Stamina, Positioning

Centre Backs (CD) : Tackling, Marking, Heading, Decisions, Positioning, Strength

Defensive Midfielders (DM) : Marking, Tackling, Work Rate, Stamina, Strength

Central Attacking Midfielder (AP) : Creativity, Passing, First Touch, Off The Ball, Anticipation

Wingers ( IF ): Finishing, Dribbling, Crossing, Passing, Pace

Central Striker (DLF) : Passing, Creativity, Long Shots, First Touch, Strength

My Current Starting XI:

View attachment 451248

Not the best team but I am 48 games unbeaten so far with it.

Download Link: 4-2-1-3

Please feel free to give me any feedback on the tactic and if I need to change anything then please say. Remember I am not a experienced tactic maker but it is bringing me some decent results so I thought I would upload and see what others think of it, Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
so is having 3st the way to go in this fm just like fm12 where the mid st got like over 100 a season or am i very wrong

so is having 3st the way to go in this fm just like fm12 where the mid st got like over 100 a season or am i very wrong

I never tried 3 strikers on FM12 but it is definitely helping me out on this FM it adds a whole new level to attacking.

Kitchin - on FM12 it was 3 central strikers (although I didn't use it) on FM14 using wide strikers seems to work well.

in fm12 was man u and played hernandez in a front 3 by dec he had over 30 goals in just the league think it was like 50 over all necer played him in the league after that just in cup games and he was still the top scorer in the league was kind of a mad tac

This looks awesome will try it out and come back with results!

love the look of it!

hopefully it will work after next patch... :p

I appreciate the effort that must have gone into this but it isn't the tactic for me, not getting results and not playing nice football. sorry man

I appreciate the effort that must have gone into this but it isn't the tactic for me, not getting results and not playing nice football. sorry man

It's playing perfect for me still going unbeaten so not sure mate, thanks for trying though like I said my first tactic I have ever made

Tactics and the post looks good mate !! Will test it and give u the feedback .

You have to hold new tacticians' hand. This tactic seems good but maybe you can release a new tweak and it be better.

Thanks alot mate, it probs won't work for you like that guy but its doing the job for me so im happy haha!

You have to hold new tacticians' hand. This tactic seems good but maybe you can release a new tweak and it be better.

i will definitely try this out and will see how it goes . than i will let lovanoFM know about the changes i think should be made.

maybe more info about tactic and players/attributes required for positions? screen of your first choice eleven?

big strong striker type or quick & technical? inverted wingers (right footed on left side etc) or more traditional, crossing wingers? type of scoring chances you create with this tactic? and so on :)

Going to give this a go with arsenal will post ss soon cheers

Thanks for the input guys I will work on updating the OP when I can, everytime it doesnt work for someone it gives me more motivation to make it better!