Loved... Injured....Fergotten!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Spud Ando
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K

Spud Ando

Reaction score
Hi guys. i'm a great football fan. and allthough my profile says i support United And Johnstone. I'm allso a fan of all football. i love what it does. But what upsets me more than anything in football, is how Footballers seem to get fergotten if they get a long term Injury.
For Example:
  • Owen Hargreaves
  • Dean Ashton
and i'm certain theres others out there. i would like for you to post players you know of that have long term injurys and have faded off of the football map.
ALSO!! i'd like that if anyone knows what a players status is for example Dean Ashton, he has been out for a good 10 months or so. and i don't know if he even is gonna return. so any player you state please ask for information off of other posters.
Thanks for reading

Hargreaves can come back from his injury though, Ashton has been told he can't which is very sad for him

Oh i see. i didn;t know he actaully retired.. thats extremely sad! He was an awesome player.. and yh i know hargreaves can. but he's still been reasonably fergotten by some

forgotten by who exactly? Do you expect people/media to be constantly talking about them if they aren't doing anything?

I was hoping Hargreaves would be back for world cup, outstanding player but always seems to suffer set backs whenever on verge of returning

forgotten by who exactly? Do you expect people/media to be constantly talking about them if they aren't doing anything?

I accept that. but he is outstanding.. and should still be mentioned from now and again. im nt saying he should be talked about as if he's god but players like him who are injured should nt be ignored. thats my point.

And yh he seems to be an unlucky player just like Michael Owen

Dean Aston was injured in training with the England Squad wasn't he. About to get his first cap as well I think. Massive shame

ive attually forgotten who ashton plays for lol

when did he get injured i remember him coming back?? with blonde(????) hair??

Dean Ashton has been the only west ham player i have ever liked.

I'm not sure he has officially. i remember bout 3 months ago reading that West Ham Were gonna pay him off, becuase he was costing too much money. but i took it as paper talk. But i am pretty sure he will have too. because its a degenerative injury. as far as i know. And yes that was him. he scored against united during his come back then got into the england squad and broke down

Ashton has been a West Ham favourite for years, everytime he gets to play the crowd go wild. Sadly he has never been able to fully recover from an injury, and sadly.. he is indeed retiring.

Ashton is an amazing player, and its sad to see someone of his calliber leave the game in such circumstances, hopefully he'll stay in the game as a coach.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Ashton-expected-to-retire-from-football.html

ronaldinho did it although hes still great but nothing what he was. he had a terrible injury season where he came back chubby and never the same, not saying faded but id of loved him to stay at barca as he was

True but it is likely.. Because the injury wasn't what i'd call as serious as others but it was a persistant one that had progressed into an injury that will only hinder him as he gets older. so it's better he doesnt keep playing. as much as i hate to say it. he could of been Incredible in 2010 world cup

its a shame about ashton, hes a top player, i wish hed come back

Not really injured, but Ruben de la Red had been kinda forgotten by the people in Real Madrid too, after their recent crazy purchases.

The Ronaldo that set the 90's on fire is effectively a forgotten man now. Always had trouble with his knees and despite a spell with AC Milan recently he has moved on now (to a Brazilian club i believe).

A similar situation with Adriano, who was forced out of the Brazilian and Inter squad because of injury (and the introduction of Luis Fabiano, so not all bad).

Adriano wasn't forced out due to injury, he left because of his mental state.

Players like Ronaldo, Rivaldo, and Veron aren't exactly forgotten either, they're just players in the latter part of their careers winding down.

Back