LoveFilm (question and help needed)

*Jones*

Pikachuuuuuuuu
Reaction score
note: if this is the wrong section, can a mod please move it? thanks

So, here's the deal. Last November i signed up to LoveFilm.com as i thought this would be a great way of seeing all the movies i wanted to see without having to go to the cinema etc etc, especially as for £10 a month i got unlimited amount of DVD's each month, and i could also rent games. Add the fact that there was no late fee's meant it was perfect!

Now, here's the thing, because i got a new credit card with new account number etc etc and i forgot to tell LoveFilm, the last payment never got paid, so they've put my account on hold.
Now, if i want to re-activate my account, all i have to do is give them my new account details, but tbh, i don't want to re-activate because i want that extra £10 a month in my bank account as it'd be quite handy (£10 a month x12 months = £120) could be usefull to have the extra cash.

So, because they've put my account on hold, i received a letter from them explaining various things. Now they've said i can close my account but there also saying i still have MOH: Airborne at home, well i sent that back around 6-7 months ago (if not longer) but i didn't think anything of it until i got this letter. They've said that if i do close my account and don't send the disk back within 7 days of receiving the letter, then further action will be taken...

So, firstly how do i prove to them/tell them that i sent this disk back along time ago?
and secondly, what will they mean by further action? one thing i'm contemplating is telling them i'll cover the cost of the game (play.com quotes £15 for it, happy to pay it if it means they go away) do you think they'd agree to this?

note: if this is the wrong section, can a mod please move it? thanks

So, here's the deal. Last November i signed up to LoveFilm.com as i thought this would be a great way of seeing all the movies i wanted to see without having to go to the cinema etc etc, especially as for £10 a month i got unlimited amount of DVD's each month, and i could also rent games. Add the fact that there was no late fee's meant it was perfect!

Now, here's the thing, because i got a new credit card with new account number etc etc and i forgot to tell LoveFilm, the last payment never got paid, so they've put my account on hold.
Now, if i want to re-activate my account, all i have to do is give them my new account details, but tbh, i don't want to re-activate because i want that extra £10 a month in my bank account as it'd be quite handy (£10 a month x12 months = £120) could be usefull to have the extra cash.

So, because they've put my account on hold, i received a letter from them explaining various things. Now they've said i can close my account but there also saying i still have MOH: Airborne at home, well i sent that back around 6-7 months ago (if not longer) but i didn't think anything of it until i got this letter. They've said that if i do close my account and don't send the disk back within 7 days of receiving the letter, then further action will be taken...

So, firstly how do i prove to them/tell them that i sent this disk back along time ago?
and secondly, what will they mean by further action? one thing i'm contemplating is telling them i'll cover the cost of the game (play.com quotes £15 for it, happy to pay it if it means they go away) do you think they'd agree to this?

If you covered the cost, I'd expect that they'd agree.

If not, they might try and sue you, if worst comes to worst. I don't see why they wouldn't accept a full refund.

bit of a weird situation here, I see no reason why they shouldn't accept :S

Ring up the customer supportline and explain that you've 100% already sent it back. My mum uses the unlimited rental service and I'm sure something similiar happened (either she sent one back that never arrived or she never got one they claimed she had) and I know it was all sorted in a phone call. I can ask her when she's back later (she's at Eastlands for today).

Would it be the kind of situation where they have to prove you have it rather than you have to prove you don't?

If you covered the cost, I'd expect that they'd agree.

If not, they might try and sue you, if worst comes to worst. I don't see why they wouldn't accept a full refund.

if they tried suing a 17 year old it'd be ridicolous, especially given the fact i've been paying them like a **** even though i haven't had a game for 6-7 months :/

bit of a weird situation here, I see no reason why they shouldn't accept :S

tbh though, i don't really wanna have to pay it, because i already pay £15 out each week to other people (step mum and grandma) for other things out of £30 i get haha, but if it gets them off my back it'd be worth it!

Ring up the customer supportline and explain that you've 100% already sent it back. My mum uses the unlimited rental service and I'm sure something similiar happened (either she sent one back that never arrived or she never got one they claimed she had) and I know it was all sorted in a phone call. I can ask her when she's back later (she's at Eastlands for today).

Would it be the kind of situation where they have to prove you have it rather than you have to prove you don't?

erm, if you could ask her mate, that'd be brilliant! when you ask her just PM/VM or leave it in this thread. Tbh, it'd be extremely difficult for them to prove i have it i think, and vice versa for me to prove i don't have it, so i think we'll just end up agreeing on something that suits us both, ie. i pay for another copy of the game and they close my account...

if they tried suing a 17 year old it'd be ridicolous, especially given the fact i've been paying them like a **** even though i haven't had a game for 6-7 months :/

They won't sue you, I am sure of that. They won't want to pay for lawyers for a £15 game! Just offer to refund the full cost of the game and start a new account.

I very much doubt they would take further action for a game costing around £10-20, due to the nature of the business I imagine lots of games and dvds get lost in the post, and I highly doubt they would start taking some sort of legal action, they would most likely just write the game/dvd off.

I worked at a store which did rentals and this was the basic procedure if anything like this happened, it's just not worthwhile for the company to start anything legal.

They won't sue you, I am sure of that. They won't want to pay for lawyers for a £15 game! Just offer to refund the full cost of the game and start a new account.

the thing is, i've basically paid for a new game, probably around 4 times over, i sent the game back 6 months ago! so i'm going to see what they say about it first, then if they get arsey, thats when i'll offer to cover the cost of the game haha!

I very much doubt they would take further action for a game costing around £10-20, due to the nature of the business I imagine lots of games and dvds get lost in the post, and I highly doubt they would start taking some sort of legal action, they would most likely just write the game/dvd off.

I worked at a store which did rentals and this was the basic procedure if anything like this happened, it's just not worthwhile for the company to start anything legal.

So, what do you propose i say to them when i ring them either later today or monday?

the thing is, i've basically paid for a new game, probably around 4 times over, i sent the game back 6 months ago! so i'm going to see what they say about it first, then if they get arsey, thats when i'll offer to cover the cost of the game haha!

So, what do you propose i say to them when i ring them either later today or monday?

Just tell them that as you have paid for the subscription (Which values the game 4 times over), you'll be happy to refund the game.

If they get arsey, read the 'Terms and Conditions'. You may just be able to save the money. Also, read around on the internet and see what other people in the same position have done.

Just tell them that as you have paid for the subscription (Which values the game 4 times over), you'll be happy to refund the game.

If they get arsey, read the 'Terms and Conditions'. You may just be able to save the money. Also, read around on the internet and see what other people in the same position have done.

if anything, they owe me money! though, i'm not sure that'd go down well seen as i'm the **** who didn't bother ringing them... :(

i'm not sure they'll be a lot about it around the internet, but never the less, i'll take a look :]

EDIT: Just looked around, a lot of people have said they've e-mailed them when it's still said they had the disk and they've just wrote it off and set out the next subscription, only whenever they've done it, it's been 2 weeks, not ****** 6 months!

if anything, they owe me money! though, i'm not sure that'd go down well seen as i'm the **** who didn't bother ringing them... :(

i'm not sure they'll be a lot about it around the internet, but never the less, i'll take a look :]

EDIT: Just looked around, a lot of people have said they've e-mailed them when it's still said they had the disk and they've just wrote it off and set out the next subscription, only whenever they've done it, it's been 2 weeks, not ****** 6 months!

Still, give it a go and see what they say. :)

Right, i've e-mailed them saying i posted the game several months ago (like others have done) and will wait a reply and let you guys know what they say. Meanwhile, if this all does get sorted, i will continue to use LoveFilm as before this, they were excellent and i always used it as a way of trying out new games :p so for this reason, i updated my credit card details...

When I left love film, they claimed I hadn't sent back two DVD's. Which, in all honesty, I hadn't, I had comepletely forgotten about them, but at the time, thought I had. So I just ignored it.

So they sent me about 5 letters saying 'zomg you owe us £20'. I just left them because, being me, I just cba with it. So anyway, they stop sending me letters, and start posting me new offers for LoveFilm to try and get me back lol.

So at the end of the day, I ended up with 2 'free' DVD's. Woops.

I've had a reply from LoveFilm, and have to say, i'm rather pleased with the outcome, means i don't have to pay them back, and i shall carry on using them, here's what they said:

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your recent email with regards to this missing disc 'Medal
Of Honor: Airborne'. I have checked our records and I can confirm that
as of today we have not yet received this disc back.

We have now immediately updated your account with this information and
have arranged for a new title to be sent out to you by the end of the
next working day. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention
and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We hope that you don't have any further problems in the future, however
don't forget that you can always use the "Report a Problem" tool on the
'My Rental List' page if you do. That will update your account
automatically and conveniently means there's no need to send us an email
at the same time.

We can add 10 months service to your account so that you can still rent
DVDs for the next 10 months without any charges, please reply to this
email so that we can update your account with this information.

If you have any other questions then do let us know, otherwise we hope
that you will continue to enjoy using our service. Thank you for
bringing this matter to our attention and we are sorry for any
inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Hussain

so, happy thats been resolved! should be getting black ops sent to me on Monday, so i can 'try before i buy' sort of thing :)

and dunc mate, that's quality haha!

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:48 PM ----------

to anyone who's interested, i've just received this e-mail from LoveFilm, and now i'm left wondering whether there will be any hidden catch?

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your email.

We would like to inform that 10 months service has now been applied to
your account and your next billing date has been moved to 20/09/2011.
Please be assured that you will not be charged for the subscription fee
until this date. The billing date will reflect on your account shortly.

I hope this answers your query, if not please don`t hesitate to contact
us again.

Please let us know if this answered your question.
If yes, click here:
https://www.lovefilm.com/help/feedback.html?r=p&e=R076cfb363e06139b33b0815bbadefbb1

If no, click here:
https://www.lovefilm.com/help/feedback.html?r=n&e=R076cfb363e06139b33b0815bbadefbb1

Kind regards,

Pasha

seems a little too good to be true that i now have 10 months for free, all because a disk got lost? is it too good to be true?