Low Budget Gaming PC

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Hello,

Basically I've been after a Gaming PC for a while now, and I keep meaning to buy/build one but just never get around to it, but the laptop I have now is extremely outdated and can hardly run FM15, let alone anything else that I want to play.

So, does anyone know much about Gaming PC's/Parts? I'm looking to spend around £500 (I have monitors etc) - As for games I'll be playing mainly: FM15, Torchlight II, TESO, Garry's Mod, DayZ, stuff like that.

As I said, only really looking to spend between £450/£500 at the moment, in the future I'll upgrade stuff for sure.

If anyone does have any suggestions, could you build it on here: Pick Parts, Build Your PC, Compare and Share - PCPartPicker United Kingdom so it'll be easier to buy parts from when I order them.

Thanks!

Mate try Tom's Hardware.com, one of the best computer websites around, basically make a thread in the right forum and give the info u gave here and users will give you suggestions using your budget, I used it and built my PC using there knowledge

For that kind of price I really have to recommend getting an AMD APU processor or kaveri as its been called, I've got the 7850k I think it is off the top of my head, and honestly for the price IMO you will not do alot better. It can also be paired with another graphics card and with a little tweaking in your bios you get some serious performance.

I will have a stab later at recommending a build when I get back home from work

Just had a quick scan of amazon, this looks just about in your budget:

MotherboardGigabye B85-HD3 £62.27
CPUi5-4670k £152.00
RAMHyperX fury 8gb £59.98
HDDWestern Digital 1TB £39.99
GPURadeon R7 260x £82.99
CPU coolerCoolermaster Hyper 212 EVO £24.97
Power supplyCorsair builder CX750 £59.98
CaseCorsair CC-9011050 £36.99
Total £519.17

But that does not include anything else (monitor, mouse, keyboard, wireless card (£10-15), operating system) - I would go with Intel if you can afford it

...and if you can stretch to an extra £15 get the i5-4690k (basically the newer version of the one I suggested)

The build is fairly skewed towards the CPU in terms of performance (I don't think any of the games listed are particularly GPU intensive) - if you want it to be a bit more future-proof go with an r9 270 (XFX version for £109.52 on Scan) or r9 270x (about £130) both of which are significantly better.

AMD FX-8350, XFX Radeon R9 270, Cooler Master K350 - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom

May be a little late but I recommend this build for £518, it doesn't include keyboard/mouse or windows if you want them including let me know and I'll make another build and downgrade a few components to accommodate.

Why is this build good ?

Its got the 8 Core 8350 chip, best processor for Football Manager at its price. It can run many leagues at great speeds and more than enough horsepower for any game you wish to play.

The Motherboard is a 990FX chip, perfect board to over clock the 8350 to 4.5ghz or more, and there is a corsair H55 liquid cooler to ensure you can over clock to that level safely. Not that you need to yet anyway.

The Build as the XFX version of the R9 270, clocked at 900mhz you should immediately over clock to 1000mhz to match R9 270 levels, the XFX stock cooler allows you to do so.
The Power Supply is a high quality 750w, so you will be have the option to buy another R9 270 in future and go crossfire. Crossfire is supported in more games now, R9 270 in cross fire is very powerful, almost GTX 780 levels (a £400 GPU)

Bottom line, this is a good build for the price and will play all modern games, most at high or ultra settings at 1080p.