ryandormer

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a regen who looks unbelievably good for arsenal. He's still 17 with 2.5 current star rating, and 5 potential.

Only problem is he has a determination of 3, so I need to have him tutored. I'm assuming this is because of his low determination, but he refuses to be tutored.

Has anyone had anything similar, and did you resolve it?

Thanks guys

Thinking about real life here, but it's worth trying to tutor him with either the highest possible rep player or someone listed as a club favourite. In both cases, the tutee may look up to him so much, that he'd go for it.

Agreed, it could just be the choice of the tutor. Does he have any favoured personnel?

Thanks for the replies. No, he doesn't. He's an attacking midfielder, who can play right and left wing and centre attacking mid. I've tried tutoring him with Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Wilshere, and he's not having it!

That's not down to the determination - its other hidden attributes. Stuff like Controversy and Temperament.

If his Ambition and Professionalism are solid, he will still develop. The Determination will always be a bit of an issue on the pitch, but it may be positively impacted by the squad personality.

If his Ambition and Professionalism are also low, he won't develop much. And if he won't take a tutor, your options are limited. I had that in my previous FM save - signed a freebie youngster with a pretty poor overall personality. Refused every possible tutor, so I basically washed my hands of him. Maybe loan him to get his value up so you can sell him if he's not showing improvement...

I have found that if the tutors determination level is higher, the tutees determination level seems to improve rarther quick.

I have found that if the tutors determination level is higher, the tutees determination level seems to improve rarther quick.
It does, incredibly quick sometimes.
Problem with the OP though is that the youngster refuses to be tutored.

I found that with poor personality players it was best to praise their conduct as often as possible so their relationship with you improves, then they're more likely to accept your choice of tutor

Or you can wait until your squad (assuming the squad has a decent overall personality) influences and improves your young player's personality enough so that he's more willing to get tutored.

Thanks for the replies everyone - I guess I'll have to wait to see if his personality changes. It's a shame, because his potential is sky high, he could develop into a brilliant player.

I confess, I never realised that a player's personality could change simply based on spending time with the rest of the squad, so thanks for that.

I'll give it a few seasons and see what happens to him.