APB9FTM

Reaction score
Hi,

I have started a career with Newport County in league 2 for a challenge, I have been predicted to finish 24th and have zero available funds. Not to mention the fact that not many of the youngsters from championship premiership etc don?t want to lower themselves to my level.

After picking up a few good wins away from home with a more defensive formation (4-1-3-2) using waste time retain possession and counter attacking options I thought I would easily walk to promotion the way I started.

Having 12 points from possible 15 and winning two from two away games against previously relegated L1 sides, I have Worryingly lost my last two games at home to teams who were yet to win a game and failing to score in both.

Just wanted to know what you guys did in terms of HOME / AWAY set ups.

I kept the same formation for all my games.

Do you add a more attacking / fluid setting when you are at home? Perhaps the reason for my back to back 2-0 defeats was me being too cautious and defensive at home??

Any formation set up tips very welcome or it could be a long hard season for the newport lads

the trick to LLM management is K.I.S.S (keep it simple, stupid). Fancy formations and roles are really only beneficial for the better teams. You want a rigid 4-4-2 formation style, luckily i made a LLM 4-4-2 which, as maidenhead, won me the skrill south title and fa trophy in the first season, it's in the tactics section ;)

the trick to LLM management is K.I.S.S (keep it simple, stupid). Fancy formations and roles are really only beneficial for the better teams. You want a rigid 4-4-2 formation style, luckily i made a LLM 4-4-2 which, as maidenhead, won me the skrill south title and fa trophy in the first season, it's in the tactics section ;)
Thanks mate, will check it out, certainly some form of attacking format is required