Lower League Key Attributes! (Conference North)

x50Spence

Reaction score
Anyone know the key attributes for players in the Conference North? What attributes are most useful at this level of football? The results may shock you.. or they may not.

How did i get these results? Why are these attributes at the top of this list? What does this list mean?

This list was formed when i had the idea to put the conference north players of the season (best average ratings) by position.

I made shortlists for each column, so i had the best DCs in one shortlist, then i export by taking a text file screenshot, then putting that into excel and tidying it up. I did this for each shortlist.

I then had around 20ish players in each shortlist who were 'the best performing players' in that position in the conference north.

So then i added up the attributes in each column, to see which attributes each player had in common..

The results were shocking.. for example determination and natural fitness are big attributes in the Conference North.

A wide midfielders most important attribute is his determination to do well. and beat his man.

Please comment below with your thoughts about this. It would be interesting to see some experiments to see if people get better results with this in mind? Anyone up for it?
View attachment 348583

The results were shocking.. for example determination and natural fitness are big attributes in the Conference North.

A wide midfielders most important attribute is his determination to do well. and beat his man.

Agree. Not on finding it shocking as it would be more of a shock if it turned out to be the opposite, but that Hardwork and physics are the things that count in the lower leagues.

for better half... which is the minimum stats for determination and work rate..... i m building a squad about 12 both is it good????

for better half... which is the minimum stats for determination and work rate..... i m building a squad about 12 both is it good????

There is no minimum stat as such as it would depend on the level you are playing at. Personally, when playing in the 2 highest leagues, I always aim for the sky

yes thats is right , but if you managing a low reputation club what do you suggest?

yes thats is right , but if you managing a low reputation club what do you suggest?

If you have players that has the job of chasing the ball and closing down other players, I would not go for any player with a Determination below 8 and work rate below 10.

( with the assumtion that low rep means lower league team)

how can i do it for oter leagues?
U need to do print screen as text file.. Open in excel and change all the "|" characters to columns. Then tidy it up. You also need to create a shortlist view of all attributes.. Which can be time consuming! If anyone is interested i could do this for other leagues? Could create a doc of most important attributes by position by league : )

U need to do print screen as text file.. Open in excel and change all the "|" characters to columns. Then tidy it up. You also need to create a shortlist view of all attributes.. Which can be time consuming! If anyone is interested i could do this for other leagues? Could create a doc of most important attributes by position by league : )

Without taking anything away from your work, would you not say that the best players playing in the best teams in the leagues often gets the highest ratings ?

The value provided next to each attribute is the average for the top rated players.. So if you made a filter named ST and copied it exact to these values then you would pretty much have the best STs in the division on the filter, if there are any u17s then you can get them on £5 wage ;)

do this for each position. If you like i could export my views and filters so you guys can use them?

Without taking anything away from your work, would you not say that the best players playing in the best teams in the leagues often gets the highest ratings ?
Define best players...

as a general statement of course i agree, this work shows what the best players have in common in terms of their attributes as this level of football. So basically it cant be an accident that they all have high workrate determination and natural fitness at this level, it is a necessity opposed to a desirable attribute at higher levels where technical skill starts to beat a bit of determination!

Define best players...!

Best by reputation

Here I was referring to the players at the highest level. The DMC/MC/FC etc that gets the highest ratings would still be one amongst the top teams and as teams ( CPU managers) look at reputation rather than the actuall skills, it will be those players condidered to be the best

So basically it cant be an accident that they all have high workrate determination and natural fitness at this level, it is a necessity opposed to a desirable attribute at higher levels where technical skill starts to beat a bit of determination!

Yeah, thats what I said before BUt

Best by reputation

Here I was referring to the players at the highest level. The DMC/MC/FC etc that gets the highest ratings would still be one amongst the top teams and as teams ( CPU managers) look at reputation rather than the actuall skills, it will be those players condidered to be the best

Yeah, thats what I said before BUt

reputation will not increase unless the player performs well in the first place! Also golden oldies with higher tech ability could have higher rep but they may not be suitable for lower league. This pdf shows the attributes that the best players have in common, regardless of rep!

reputation will not increase unless the player performs well in the first place! Also golden oldies with higher tech ability could have higher rep but they may not be suitable for lower league. This pdf shows the attributes that the best players have in common, regardless of rep!

I think you missunderstood me. My point was that in generall, the players getting the best ratings will be playing for the top teams ( i.e the teams being in the top of the league) and as the managers of the AI controlled teams mostly look at reputation when picking players, it means that the players with the highest reputation are those that gets to play the matches.

So, the players getting the highest rating will be those with the highest reputation in the clubs performing.

i think its a really good idea.... even because often i get players that are rated very low by my sciuts and by the way they explode like a bomb:D

i think its a really good idea.... even because often i get players that are rated very low by my sciuts and by the way they explode like a bomb:D
i will let you know how my season goes.. currently doing good.. in 9th position predicted last place! only 4 matches in mind.

I am on a wage budget of about £400 in the confernece north and have hired my own youth grads and £5 youth and one super kid on around £100 a week.

Awesome work Man. This has completely changed my scouting process as I've forgotten about natural fitness. Great work.