Duggy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The Plan is to start a campaign at a non league club.

Before i start i was after some help on the way i want to play.

The Plan:
  • Stay Narrow, fairly deep and Solid at the back
  • Restrict opposition to a lot of long shots rather than being able to play threw ball threw us or over the top as that level of player will struggle with long shots.
  • When we win the ball back play long direct passes into the channels for possible a 2 or 3 up top to chase i personally think a 3 up top would suit this better if we can get the solidity at the back.
  • And overall try to keep as many clean sheets as possible.
Any tips/ suggestions/systems would be much appreciated

Cheers in Advance
Duggy

So what are you struggling with?

im not im just looking for suggestions for the best way to approach it for example im thinking attacking and structured 2 defensive full backs 2 cd I anchor man and bwm and a dlp with 3 out and out forwards just was looking for feedback on a better way to approach it

Better way to approach what though? If you're thinking "lower league management" is any different to anywhere else - don't. It's the same thing at any level.

yeah but the only im unsure about is what is the fastest way to get the ball forward for example im using attacking structured am I betting using overload, more direct passing or go route one much higher temp higher tempo or normal things like that to properly utilize the way I want to play

yeah but the only im unsure about is what is the fastest way to get the ball forward for example im using attacking structured am I betting using overload, more direct passing or go route one much higher temp higher tempo or normal things like that to properly utilize the way I want to play
Quite clearly, direct is direct and route one is even more direct. It's not hard to understand. Tempo determines how long someone holds onto the ball, so you can increase it if you want it faster.

You do need to consider 2 things though - 1 is how fast the ball is sent forward and the other is whether you actually have players there.

Just actually set up whatever it is you want, since you haven't said anything at all? IF there are specific issues, ask.

Last edited: