Nixon

Reaction score
For all you Lower League Managers like myself. I've been browsing the SI Communtity Forums having a look at their LLM section:

SI Community Forums said:
For managers that enjoy the challenge of bringing a lower league team to the top - without the need for tipping, cheating or bragging. ]
The following will not be tolerated:

-Player Naming or Tipping - Including all FM, CM from 01/02 onwards, and Real Life Players. (Staff and Ex-Player names may be deleted at the Mods' discretion)

-Tactics naming

-Use of Editors and 3rd Party Updates

-Bragging

SI Community Forums said:
The Guidelines to playing an LLM game

The ideology behind playing LLM is to play a game as realistic as FM allows.

·This means doing it yourself, using your own mettle, succeeding or failing, but using no outside help.

·Outside help means anything not included in the game. This specifically includes "real life" knowledge. Just because "Wullie Hackum" is good in real life doesn't mean he'll be good in FM.

For this reason we rely heavily on the Scouts.

·We trust them. They may be rubbish, but they're all we've got for "first hand" experience.

·Players may be identified from media reports...and scouted, from games played against us...and scouted.

·No-one will be banned for scouring the transfer list, but it's generally frowned upon by LLM players. Players found that way would be scouted or trialled by the club, no manager in their right mind would sign a player based on a name on a list.

LLM doesn't mean leaving a team just because it's been promoted.

·A career should be followed like a real life one. Would a manager leave a club just because he's got it promoted? Maybe because another club comes in for him, but not because he's reached the Football League.

Start in the lowest possible division in any given nation

·Default leagues only. As the use of editors is not allowed in LLM, you can not start in a competition that has to be added via the editor
·This can mean the only division in the game (e.g. Wales)
·This does not mean The Championship, League 1 or League 2 in England - you should start in the Conference North or South, Conference Premier at a push.

There's an adage in LLM, "If you have to ask if you're cheating, then you very probably are"

·This is a good way to judge yourself whether what you're doing is LLM, just ask that question (regarding "cheating", signing players, scouting, looking at other teams) and think about what a real-life manager would or could do.

Parent/Feeder Clubs

·Please note, although they seem to be allowed in the game, that in the Home Nations and Germany Parent/Feeder Clubs are specifically banned by the FAs (within and between UK Home Nations), all Clubs must be independent to compete in the Leagues and Cups. This isn't an LLM Rule this is real life.

Does anyone adhere to these guidelines when playing? Or is SI's stance on Lower League Management too harsh? I've been unknowingly playing along those lines in a few of my saves, and I might give it a go when FM11 comes out. I haven't ever used any 3rd party software or editors, and I prefer creating my own tactics. I'm just interested to see if anyone on FM-Base plays the game this way. Feel free to share your own LLM playing style, or discuss the guidelines above.

I still have the attributes masked, which no-ones done for years apparently.

Last edited:
I dont understand because how is playing Super Bladesman level 10 not LLM?

It's not true LLM if you cheat or use any third party software, or if you do anything unrealistic, ie set your rep as anything but sunday league. Also being a level 10 team and having half the chelsea reserve team on loan isnt realistic either.

I still have the attributes masked, which no-ones done for years apparantly.

YESYESYES! I still do that, and have to scout nearly every player I even consider buying. A bit time consuming but it makes it so much more worthwhile when you find a potential future superstar. I think we're a dying breed though!

I dont understand because how is playing Super Bladesman level 10 not LLM?

Not sure exactly, as it's SI Forums which set these guidelines. I assume they don't want any fiddling with databases or editors, just playing the game in its pure, un-altered format.

It's not true LLM if you cheat or use any third party software, or if you do anything unrealistic, ie set your rep as anything but sunday league. Also being a level 10 team and having half the chelsea reserve team on loan isnt realistic either.
I dont know anyone who can get decent loan signings. I struggled to get BSP loans let alone Chelsea Reserves.

I understand the need for guidelines, or rules, during multiplayer gameplay, such as a network game, but **** anyone that tries to tell someone how to enjoy their own time during solo play.
If people want to edit and cheat or whatever to enhance their enjoyment of the game, it`s nobody`s bussiness but their own.
As long as a cheater don`t go bragging about what he achieves using cheats, or writes a cheat-story, no one should care.

YESYESYES! I still do that, and have to scout nearly every player I even consider buying. A bit time consuming but it makes it so much more worthwhile when you find a potential future superstar. I think we're a dying breed though!

Not sure exactly, as it's SI Forums which set these guidelines. I assume they don't want any fiddling with databases or editors, just playing the game in its pure, un-altered format.

It's no so much of an issue now with 10.3 you will have an extremely difficult time convincing anyone from the premiership or even the championship to go that low (you'll even have a hard time convincing them to go Conference North/South). and I'm another one which has attribute masking on (although in my case I keep forgetting to take it off)

I dont know anyone who can get decent loan signings. I struggled to get BSP loans let alone Chelsea Reserves.

It was a generalisation.

My points about playing the game in the most realistic way still stand though.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

I understand the need for guidelines, or rules, during multiplayer gameplay, such as a network game, but **** anyone that tries to tell someone how to enjoy their own time during solo play.
If people want to edit and cheat or whatever to enhance their enjoyment of the game, it`s nobody`s bussiness but their own.
As long as a cheater don`t go bragging about what he achieves using cheats, or writes a cheat-story, no one should care.

I was just clarifying my thoughts on what true LLM is.

But i agree, unless they brag about being awesome after cheating, its no big deal.

The guidelines are harsh. I am finding it hard enough and I scour transfer lists and loan lists. I don't think that is cheating but if they do, well that is their opinion.

The guidelines are harsh. I am finding it hard enough and I scour transfer lists and loan lists. I don't think that is cheating but if they do, well that is their opinion.

Agreed. I look at the transfer lists quite often and to me it's not cheating either. But I still scout most players found on the list, and never sign them just after one look (mainly because their attributes are usually hidden!).

Agreed. I look at the transfer lists quite often and to me it's not cheating either. But I still scout most players found on the list, and never sign them just after one look (mainly because their attributes are usually hidden!).

Yeah, I scout them all. You can pick up some excellent players, doesn't make it easy though.

Dont shout this to loud on the SI forum or certain member will not like it/you!!!

Tempted to give a LLM game a go like this after the 1st patch and the 1st challenge of the month, I love looking for regens and stuff, and playing my Los Rios game was really good fun.

Tempted to give a LLM game a go like this after the 1st patch and the 1st challenge of the month, I love looking for regens and stuff, and playing my Los Rios game was really good fun.

We'll have to wait for Death Balls Spanish database first.

We'll have to wait for Death Balls Spanish database first.

Yeah, if I want to be Los Rios again, I might play in English lower leagues, I haven't decided yet.