Reaction score
Hi FM-Base,
Currently enjoying a Rotherham United game in 2012-13 season. I got myself the League 2 title last year.
Just wondering what kids i can BUY that will be leading (or good) players in Championship, League 1 and League 2.
Ideally british but ill allow few foreign kids.
Budget - £100k (max) per player

Think of Players like Max Clayton and Nick Powell of Crewe.

Cheers guys.

Your best bet is to offer trails to a load of the Premiership youngsters when they get released. Then your coaching team can form an opinion on them and you can see how good they are and if they may develop into anything. Don't think you'll be able to get the likes of Max Clayton and Nick Powell for £100k...

Ive already got Max Clayton for £50k as Crewe got relegated.
Thats a good idea though never really used trials before so im going to give that a go thanks mate.
Any other ideas?

Good work on getting Clayton! I've been keeping an eye on both of them since the beginning of my Swindon game. Whenever I put in a bid for either they either turn it down flat or negotiate it to about a million! I'm just praising them now and waiting for their contracts to run short. Only other options I can think of are loaning young players who have potential so that they like you and the club. Then when their contracts run short you have an advantage over anybody else when you try to sign them. I also continuelly scout the U18s league and keep an eye on lower \ non league U18s. I've found quite a few promising youngsters coming from non league teams, especially from Staines Town. They've had three players who my scouts say will make it to Championship level and one who could become a good premiership player! I'm guessing that Staines must have a good youth recruitment network or a good academy. Or maybe they've just been really lucky!