bladesadviser

Premium
Reaction score
I am hoping you can help a veteran CM/FM player!! I get very little time for FM (about an hour a week) so I use the experts on tactics and download from this site. Over the years I have always found good lower league tactics but for FM17 I am struggling a bit. I have used some of Knaps tactics which took Truro up from the Conference South but then couldn't get them further so when I got offered the Notts Co job in L2 I took it hoping to get better players in.

I have two questions, first does anyone have a good lower league tactic they can recommend. Second, if I use tactics and it calls for say shadow strikers is it vital you have SS in the role or could you say have a normal striker with the correct SS attributes. It always worries me when the RDS bar is red!!

Thanks in advance for help

I always test my tactics in LL, normally Ebbsfleet or Margate but this year also Dulwich Hamlet. All the tactics will work fine at LL but this yeay is awkward because of the SS roles. Really looking for fast paced strikers or AMs with good finishing.

Ben Davies at Spurs is red in the advanced WB role which is totally nuts. I do end up with players with red bars but try to avoid if possible but with small squads you just have to make do.

Cheers sdbrook, I will look into it

I always test my tactics in LL, normally Ebbsfleet or Margate but this year also Dulwich Hamlet. All the tactics will work fine at LL but this yeay is awkward because of the SS roles. Really looking for fast paced strikers or AMs with good finishing.

Ben Davies at Spurs is red in the advanced WB role which is totally nuts. I do end up with players with red bars but try to avoid if possible but with small squads you just have to make do.

Knap, I thought I read that you tested in LL. I am currently using your normal Goodbye for home games and Direct Goodbye for away as I read someone with a Hartlepool save had done that. Thanks for the info on SS, it can be hard to get them at this level

In previous years tactics used F9s which were impossible to find in LL.

My Dulwich Hamlet game is part of Dafuge Challenge. This is second season after promotion from Conference South, just using GOODBYE 3430. If you are having problems you can always send me your save and I can see if I can spot any problems.

My Dulwich Hamlet game is part of Dafuge Challenge. This is second season after promotion from Conference South, just using GOODBYE 3430. If you are having problems you can always send me your save and I can see if I can spot any problems.

Cheers would you then just use GOODBYE 3430 for home and away and not bother with the DIRECT version. As I say I got Truro out of the Conf South using it.

I do not usually use home away tactics, however, it should not be a problem changing tactics if you prefer. With a strong team like Ebbsfleet I change to a different tactic every few games for testing purposes.

What do you do for team talks and training? Are you happy with the squad when you moved up to the conference?

With Truro as they were part time I trained the tactic on a Balanced basis other than that there is a limit to what you can do. I train my Notts Co L2 team with rest days after match, I am more confident with this team when the tactic becomes fluid.
With Truro I had to stick with largely the same squad as it was so hard to find potential better replacements, every time I went for a loan even from L2 I got told by the team they would prefer their player to play with better quality players and then loaned them to a Conf Nth/Sth team. My scouting team never seemed to venture further than Weston Super Mare, Dorchester and Merthyr!!!

Thanks for all your help its reassuring that I am fundamentally on the right track with positions and tactics

I would check the reputation with Truro if with a modified database, as your reputation may be too low. However, I think this is a deliberate policy by SI to make game harder, as I have seen many posts with this issue, and well aware of it from my own games.

With LL it is better if you manually scout players - can be done in batches and all the youth teams international squads etc this will give you a much larger selection. In fact, I usually pick up too many free transfers as not selective enough.

Let me know if you need any help, can be by PM.

Cheers Knap, I only use the original out of the box database. Its certainly harder, in past versions you could get a club like Truro up through the leagues with a decent tactic
To be honest I never use the scouts but the problem seems to be getting any players to come. The excuse that they don't want to relocate like Cornwall is Peru!! if I get any game time this weekend i will see how i get on
Thanks again