johano3012

Reaction score
So I started a new save with Blyth Spartans in Vanarama North. My first time managing a team so low in the league-pyramide, so I need some help to get started.

Does anyone have a good, reliable tactic that works?

Don;t want to give specific help as I don;t know the players, but when I am in LLM there's a few general things I find myself doing.

Firstly, keep it simple, really simple - they ain't the most intelligent footballers
Look at the physical attributes when viewing players, in your squad or when scouting - big and strong and quick if you can find them.
No Hi-Faluted rooty tooty tactics needed, keep the 'simple' roles for your players, defenders defend, forwards score goals. No room for a fancy Trequarista wandering around in the mud.

Find a solid an dependable back four, hard-working midfielders and strong strikers - how you set them up depends on the players and your preferences.Some pace out wide is good, and a pacey striker is almost a must - your defenders will hoof a lot of long balls for them.

Remember that age is no barrier either. If my midfielder is 49 who cares? Decent first touch and pick out a 40 yard pass - he'll do, even if he thinks the centre circle is a barrier he can;t get out of.

Don't see why there's a need to limit yourself completely. Nothing wrong with using Treq, CFs, CWB etc if that's what you want from your tactic. They're obviously not the best footballers, but neither are the opposition, so it makes no difference. Intelligent players are very underrated in the community for some reason.

As I said, it all scales, so just do what you normally do. I would agree that you're probably not going to go far with a super tiki-taka, tippy tappy tactic as there will be a lack of composure and technique/first touch for that sort of thing. Anything else goes, imo.

True, there is nothing wrong with it if there is a specific need. I was talking very broad-brush and in my experience, in the lower reaches, the team generally can't afford to 'carry' a player like a Treq.

Of course it can still work.