repunited

Reaction score
Hello guy, please could somebody show me what:

Formation
Instructions
Fluidity
Player roles
they would use for different styles of play.

For example one for possession football and another for direct football.

The team i am using is corby town.

Also what you think is better and what brings you more success.
The older games i have found possessions the best, however this game i seem to have all possession but cant score

Hello guy, please could somebody show me what:

Formation
Instructions
Fluidity
Player roles
they would use for different styles of play.

For example one for possession football and another for direct football.

The team i am using is corby town.

Also what you think is better and what brings you more success.
The older games i have found possessions the best, however this game i seem to have all possession but cant score

This is a lot to ask about, which is probably why you aren't getting responses ;)

I can give you an example only regarding my Nueaton conference north squad:

I play a 4-1-2-2-1 because that's what I have players for and I like this formation for lower leagues as it is easier to nullify a good AM with a decent DM.

My wingers a quite talented and they can play striker as well, so they set to IF's. My full backs are also quite decent to cover the gap behind when they tuck in.

Fluidity: personally, I like fully fluid as I like to see everyone pitching in. I hate watching a ball bounce around in front of a defender when we are in the opponents half when he could push on and provide another avenue of passing. I do like rigid for defensive tactics though as the team maintains its tactical and defensive shape the whole time.

I'd keep your player roles to a minimum and only start adjusting when you notice that there is a consistent problem playing against different teams. For example, if you CM's are two square and there is constant space in front that can be exploited, maybe a change to BBM or AP could be used. Your roles work in tandem with your formation. Think about where the gaps will be when you attack and defend. Another quick point is that LLM players aren't all that good, so ensure you have all the attributes required for that particular role, not just 7/8.

Finally, direct versus possession is tied to everything else. Having a possession based team when you are playing attacking fast football may not work as well as slowing it down and being patient. Possession, in any forms of sport is really defence. If the opponent doesn't have the ball, then he can't attack.

Food for thought.

There a lot of articles on here regarding what you want to do.

My personal overall thought: stick to the basics and change one thing at a time. You will get the most out of your team as you watch them move into positions based on what you have told them. Changing everything at once you can't learn from (easily). Use the analyzer to check your gaps.

That was a fantastic reply and i really appreciate your feedback as it was very thorough.

I have decided to go with a 4-4-2.

And for the first 26 games i was top of the league with a top goal scorer and Top playmaker from the wings.

However the last 13 games have been a night mare, consistently losing and conceding stupid goals, 8 of these matches i kept everything the same because i believed maybe it was just a rough patch.

However nothing has changed so i had to tweak a few things to try and get a result to no avail. still a few games to go but maybe its a blessing I probably wont get promoted until i build for next season and fix current issues.

G'day Repunited; did you ever get your issues sorted? (My computer died so I was out of business with FM16 for a while).

After reading your post, my initial thought is to check which formation your team is weakest against. I believe that teams will eventually break it down (part of the ME). For me, I am always constantly changing things around though I am keeping my formation. There is no one size fits all scenario in this version of FM that will last forever.

Have a look on youtube regarding how to use the analysis - this is very helpful.

My biggest piece of humble amateur advice for the lower leagues is to nullify their biggest threat (either stopping him completely or his feed of the ball). (Using Prozone). Lower league teams don't have a star studded squad so they should be easy to identify!