LukeFM123

Reaction score
Started a save with a team in the Swedish lower leagues, problem is the club has no money and I have no idea how to manage a team that has basically no money and players aren't wanting to join.

If you don't have money to buy, you need to get free transfers. There are plenty of players who can join, but I'm assuming you're trying to go for players who are far above the level of the club.

No, going for frees, the agent of the player just says I wouldn't be able to afford his wage though. Just need a way of making money without offloading as no one wants my players they're that ****.

No, going for frees, the agent of the player just says I wouldn't be able to afford his wage though. Just need a way of making money without offloading as no one wants my players they're that ****.
So find players who are more affordable? And players without agents?

So find players who are more affordable? And players without agents?
Well yeah ive done that, but the players are *****. and it doesnt answer my question on the money side of things. It will take years to buy no one and wait for money to come in.

Well yeah ive done that, but the players are *****. and it doesnt answer my question on the money side of things. It will take years to buy no one and wait for money to come in.
All the players are ****. That's why it's the lower leagues. Clubs that low down don't buy. They sign for free and sell to get money.

As WJ says - the players at this level aren't very good and it's all part of the challenge of managing lower league teams (particularly in weaker nations, such as Sweden)- there's not a great deal you can do to increase income unfortunately.

Having said that - if you want to bring in better players, you can try and arrange a parent club to get an option on better players, you can organise open scouting days, you can try and increase the scouting range/number of scouts.

My best tip would be to look at the International squads and offer trials to any non-contracted players there - you obviously won't get the top players, but you can occasionally pick up gems from some obscure nations...also a good way of getting youth talent that can be developed.

shop around, always look at players released by clubs at the end of the season, even in the big leagues. I did a save with Parma and took in roughly 10-15 players every season on frees from u18s to senior squad and if they didn't plan out I'd sell them on after 2 or 3 seasons alwys worth the try especially if you like to go via the moneyball route

How did you get on with selling players? I know Parma are a much better team than my Swedish one but I struggle to sell since no one really wants them

How did you get on with selling players? I know Parma are a much better team than my Swedish one but I struggle to sell since no one really wants them
Dude, seriously. Google those Swedish divisions. Have a look at the transfer activity IRL. No one sells players. If a sale is made, it's because it's one of the best players going to a better club. Everyone else are free transfers in and out and maybe the odd loan in. You can't compare them to Parma.

Its football manager not real life ffs lol. I've made Braintree town get to the premier league and they've never paid more than a packet of digestives for a player

Its football manager not real life ffs lol. I've made Braintree town get to the premier league and they've never paid more than a packet of digestives for a player
FM does try and mimic real life. Not very many players will be interested in a move to lower league Sweden. You'll find more free transfers from further away than real life, but still. You don't have money, so all the advice still stands - find the free transfers. You can't sell, so you need to either terminate by mutual consent or wait for it to run out or get lucky and hope someone takes a player for free to free up wages.

It does try and MIMIC real life, but it isn't. It is a simulation. By your logic there can be no movements in the Swedish League's. Money will come eventually in one way or another as it is possible to get these low league teams even as high as the champions league etc.
Also, if I look at my transfer window most teams have sold players for some sort of fee, so I'm not sure you have a full grasp on this.

It does try and MIMIC real life, but it isn't. It is a simulation. By your logic there can be no movements in the Swedish League's. Money will come eventually in one way or another as it is possible to get these low league teams even as high as the champions league etc.
If you READ anything I posted, you'll note that this isn't what I said at all.

You're "lower leagues" (you didn't specify exactly for some reason) so Div 2, right? There are VERY FEW transfers in FM and IRL here that involve any transfer fee.

If you eventually get to the First Division, it's the same thing.

Now if you do get to the top, THAT'S where transfers for decent money (for a Swedish club) can take place, so for now, you need to find the free transfer bargains. Scout, scout and scout some more.

Grand made money off them. If you are staying with the save look at the top Swedish clubs releases, players are more likely to want to stay in the same country.

If u want to make some money in th elower leagues it will take a while.

Any free week you have arrange a home friendly against a team that will bring the most revenue. Develop youth facilities and hope u get good 'un to sell up the leagues.

TBH, I'm playing Borehamwood in Engliand, into thrird season, top of L2 and never spent anything on a player - all came in on free.

Got to keep your expectations realistic in the game world unless you feel like hitting the 'Editor' button XD