jonnysnipe

Reaction score
Well I am always on the endless struggle of starting from nothing and making it to the top, obviously the tactic is a large part to do with this.... but my passion is the squad building, love finding those young talents and make them absolute superstars! But to do this you need a winning tactic to get to the top, now you see all these tactics coming out tested on United, Barca, Bayern and to me that proves nothing, even teams such as Newcastle, Liverpool and Everton (maybe not this one) don't really impress me!

If you can succeed and make a tactic that works for lesser teams, applying to a bigger team will just be plain sailing! Anyways on to the topic, I will give you a breakdown of my last couple of saves and how well I did with lower teams and what tactics I used hopefully this will help you guys and we can keep an open discussion going in here about lower league/lesser team tactics that are being successful:

Hull = 3rd place 1st season only 2 major signings made, I used counter sir goalalot, 2nd season became a bit dodgy!

Coventry (tycoon save) = back to back promotions wasnt even difficult and that was with TFF Unreal set (great for any team)

Shrewsbury = 1st place first season using Perfection (the everton winning the premier league one), 2nd season all went downhill and gave up

Latest save, Crewe = predicted 23rd finished 1st with goals record broken 3 small signings made, done with johnsmiths 2-3-2-3 deadly attack and so many CCCs had 11 in one league game but defence bad, half way through championship season sitting top using the same tactic with a defensive tweak of my own! Just beat reading 5-1 away from home with 7 cccs and I used Unreal counter to see out games.

What works for you guys? Also I no longer have the base Tycoon save for Coventry before you ask but in my Crewe game Sheffield Wednesday just got taken over by a Tycoon and created a separate game file if anyone wants it? They are in league one in the playoff spots!

(H) Pow (H)

think you want to look at second season syndrome instead of looking for a tactic. FM also needs Team Cohesion to be super high, no matter what tactic you use.

I do understand about that but thanks for the recommendation I train team cohesion for around 3 months after making a lot of signings! Just lost interest in the saves but on my Crewe one I'm hooked in as have some great youngsters

Plus I didn't say I was looking for a tactic I was sharing the ones that worked for me to help others

think you want to look at second season syndrome instead of looking for a tactic. FM also needs Team Cohesion to be super high, no matter what tactic you use.

IMO there's no such thing as second season syndrome, people have problems with this because they strengthen there squad and add more players to there squad this will lead to players not knowing each other and it will take time for them to get gelled together.

I get so many inbox messages from all over the world asking me how I was so successful with my tactic and only one tactic that lasted for every season without changing, but this would be a long read because there's so many factors you's got to take into account