MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Evening gents,

I have recently started a season and have decided to go on holiday for the first season to take over a relegated side when I return. How ever, once returned I went through the 300 odd unread emails and realised how many managers got sacked in one season in one league alone.

For example, in November Chelsea sacked Andrea Villas-Boas (not sure of league position at the time) which I thought nothing of. Louis Van Gaal was brought in as a replacement and won both the Carling and FA Cup and guided Chelsea to a third place finish, two points behind Manchester United. Guess what, he was sacked for a disappoint season. Upon this, I looked through the whole of the league and realised that 11 of the 20 Premier League teams (including the 3 relegated teams) had replaced managers during ONE season.

I found this a little bit unrealistic so was wondering, is their any way of turning the sack rate down maybe in Editor or in the game itself?

Thanks

MisterStubbs

You could do that by increasing patience for chairman in Editor, and decreasing their interference.

From my knowledge of it, that seems unlikely. I think the game will run on the expectations of a club. So, in your example, winning the Carling Cup means little to the 'chairman' while not reaching expectations in the league does matter. It is stupid and it is probably something to do with the way the game is coded.

Thanks, shall give that a go. To make sure it wasn't a fluke, I started another season and went on holiday and this time 9 of the 20 teams sacked managers... I mean I know managers get sacked in real life but for Everton to sack David Moyes for finishing 7th seems a bit crazy.

Except thats Chelsea and Abromovich is extremely impatient IRL, so it's not too far off the bat. Chelsea always find a manager they settle with 2/3 seasons in anyway, same as last year.

Except thats Chelsea and Abromovich is extremely impatient IRL, so it's not too far off the bat. Chelsea always find a manager they settle with 2/3 seasons in anyway, same as last year.[/QUOTE

yeah, I understand some teams/chairmen have extremely low patients BUT teams like Wolves sacking Mick McCarthy for finishing 10th? Everton sacked David Moyes for finishing 7th.. it's a little bit crazy.

That's actually because you're unemployed. It's to allow you the opportunity to take over a club fairly quickly when you're looking for a job. If you have a team and holiday for a season you will find that a lot of managers keep their job.

It does seem unrealistic but I think it's a conscious decision on the part of the developers to give you a lot of opportunities to manage different clubs when you're looking, instead of trying to find a job for 8 hours.