Lowest League To Premier League - Blyth Spartans

Reaction score
230464d1264957082-european-dreams-newcastle-united-story-skysports.png

Blyth are left without a manager

Tommy Cassidy resigns from the Spartans

Blyth Spartans manager Tommy Cassidy has cut short his reign over the Northumberland club as he seems to be edging towards a contreversial move to thier local rivals Gateshead. This leaves Blyth preparing for the upcoming season looking for a new boss, in a campaign which sees them looking to stamp their authority in and around the top 10. There is undoubtably an air of dissapointment within the Blyth fanbase but also a great deal of respect and appreciation for their former boss.

Currently assistent manager Gavin Fell is in charge of the club but he is looking to make the role a more perminant one.

images

Blyth hire Weatherson as manager

Blyth Spartans Today announced to the media that they have hired Peter Weatherson as their new manager.

Weatherson is relatively new to the management game but he has had previous experience coaching youngsters for another local club, Cramlingtion FC. Weatherson came in high regard from his previous boss's at Cramlington, the Cramlington FC Chairman Michael Carirns had this to say. "Peter is a fantastic talent, we spotted him a few years ago helping out on a match day for us. We could see that he had the night ideas to become a manager, all we had to do was cultivate this talent and make it better with some coaching badges."

Last edited:
This looks great so far :) try and get some screenies of the club in as well

images

Blyth announce two new signings

Blyth Spartans manager Peter Weatherson today announced his first bit of summer activity with TWO new players arriving at the club. Sergio Sanchez and Furges Bell Both arrive at the club after been released from their pervious club. Weatherson said “Both of these players come in high regard” he went on to say “Both of the players are of this highest quality and will not find it hard to fit into the current setup here at Blyth.”

Weatherson was keeping his cards close to his chest when he was questioned about other players arriving at the club over the summer. However he did say that there could be a few more signings in the coming months.

There is major speculation surrounding the experienced Centre-Back Martin Camano with rumours suggesting that he could be on his way to the small club in Northumberland.

images

Sergio Sanchez

0,,10290~7100749,00.jpg

Furgus Bell​

Will follow....If i could be bothered I'd do my own story about this....I've taken Chelmsford from Blue Square South to Champioship in 5 seasons :)

Blyth’s pre-season starts well!

Blyth Spartans played Rotherham United today at Croft Park, a crowd of nearly 500 saw the mighty Northumbrians hold out for a draw.

Blyth got off to a flyer, Chris Emms scoring from the edge of the box in the fourth minute. After this the game was reasonably quiet with no more chances been created in the first half. The game did liven up In the second half with chances been created by both teams. Rotherham made the most of these chances when they caught Blyth goalkeeper David Knight napping in the 66th​ minute and scored with a simple tap in.

With this win there was more speculation around Blyth’s transfer activity. With rumours now surfacing that they are interested in bringing young midfielder Reece Fleet. Weatherson also mentioned that he would be taking a look at a number of young english players over the coming weeks.

images

Blyth have got there man

Blyth confirmed there third signing of the season, Martin Camano.

Blyth Chairman Tony Platten is said to be ecstatic to have signed Martin. The Blyth manager had this to say. “ It is a real honour to welcome Martin to the club, he is a real talent and is coming into his ‘Better Years’.” He went on to say that he has signed him for the “Long term”, with him signing on a three year deal.

379703.jpg

Spartans new man - Martin Camano

Blyth win again

A small crowd of 167 watched a fantastic game of football at Croft Park today, this is the first time that Blyth and Brechin City have played against each other.

Blyth got the match of to a flyer with a goal from young striker Fergus Bell in the third minute. Experience midfielder Shaun Vipond was then brought down in the area, Jamie Mole stepped up. Taking it past the keeper but hitting the post.

Things went from bad to worse for Brechin City as Craig Mollony put the ball into his own net in the 12th​ minute. Blyth’s young midfielder Danny Groves sealed the victory by scoring a well placed free-kick in the 81st​ minute.

Weatherson brings more players to Blyth

Another press conference was held today at Blyth Spartans ground Croft Park. This was the one we had all been waiting for…

Peter Weatherson and Chairman Tony Platten today announced the signing of two promising players, Thomas Lyskov and Sean Daley. Weatherson had this to say “Both players bring a huge amount of attention to the club but with these players come great success.” The Chairman Tony Platten had this to say “Me and Peter sat down at the start of his regime and he asked me this ‘Would I have full control of who I bring in and who I let go?’ My reply was simple, yes. If he wanted to re-build the squad to suite his style of play that was fine by me, as long as stuck to the financial structure that we had in place.

245416d1336736581-blyth-spartans-myfc_b_2037_17329.jpg

Thomas Lyskov

Weatherson has also decided to bring in several more players to bolster his squad.
These players include;
Steven Lozano-Calderon, William Mellors-Blair and young striker Patrick Jordan.

Blackburn dominate game but Blyth play well

Blyth played there final per-season game today against Blackburn Rovers. Blackburn dominated the game in the stats, having 58% of the possession.

Blackburn grabbed the first goal of the game when their young midfielder Amine Linganzi struck a powerfull effort into the top corner in the 20th​ minute. Blackburn defiantly had the better of the chances in the first half but poor finishing let Blyth back into the game. Blyth’s experienced centre-back Martin Camano levelled the scores with a well placed header in the 66th​ minute. Blackburn scored the winner when young striker Jordan Slew scored a well placed effort in the 77th​ minute,

With this defeat Blyth are still in a good position for the start of the new season, only one defeat out of the four pre-season games that they have played.
Blyth 1-2 Blackburn
Att: 3,213

Blyth start season with a win

Blyth Spartans played their first game of the season today at home against Guiseley.

Blyth Centre-Back Carl Jones got the ball in the back of the net in the 8th​ minute with a powerful header. That was the only real action in first half, with no more chances been created.

The second half was also very dull unit Blyth manager Peter Weatherson started to make changes, Steven Lozano-Calderon for Thomas Lyskov in the 73rd​ minute. This change helped, on loan left back Joe Kendrick scored a real poachers effort in the 80th​ minute, with the assist coming from Steven Lozano-Calderon. Blyth then scored another in the 85th​ minute with a well placed free-kick from Danny Groves. Blyth then scored another in the 87th​ minute, with Carl Jones getting on the score sheet for the second time in the game.
This win leaves Blyth 2nd​ in the Blue Square North.

Blyth 4-0 Guisely
Att: 546

Blyth fail to make chances count

Blyth Spartans played their first away game of the season today at Nuneaton.

Nuneaton enjoyed a easy win over a weakened Blyth side. Nuneaton scored their first after 37 minutes when Gary Mills scored with a well placed finish to give them the lead. They started the second half in the same way they ended the first, scoring a goal just after the re-start. Young striker Callum Wilson scoring with a real poachers effort.

Blyth didn’t really get going in this game, only having five shots with only one of those been on target. With this lose Blyth sit in 6th​ place in the Blue Square North.

After the match we found out that Blyth’s young striker Jamie Mole will be out for 5-7 weeks after suffering a pulled hamstring during today’s match.
Nuneaton 2-0 Blyth
Att: 834

Back