Lowest wage total p/w to win the Champions League?

Nisbet

Reaction score
Hello fellow FM addicts.

I just won the Champions League in 2020 with Hearts.

I was thinking that after beating Chelsea in the final, putting out Real Madrid in the semi's & PSG in the quarters I have a very small wage budget in comparison to all of the other teams.

My total wage is £338,118 p/w. (still a lot for the SPL mind you).

What is the smallest wage budget that you have won the Champions League with?

ps team average age is 23

Could you post some screenshots? Not that I don't believe you it's just I am curious as to how your team is. Tactics and some of your star players and finances.

I have another question for you: can u upload your tactic? :D

Yeah awesome stuff! I think I managed it for 650k ish per week once, and that seemed like a low amount (for an Epl side at least!) I'm amazed that you've got those kind of players on such low wages and you've managed to keep them happy. Fair play to you sir

How the **** are you paying them so little? You lucky guy.

I won it with just shy of 900k with Newcastle. Trying to get it even lower though! I just sold a bunch of players to get about 120m worth of sales :D

Can't believe you get that good regens. on my game i just can't seem to get good ones. I think the best player on my save game is only 4 stars. That being said I have some 3.5/4 star guys who are awesome so not sure if its my scouting guys which are rubbish.

I'm struggling with salaries at the moment. Few seasons back had it nicely managed at 1.1m p/w with newcastle. How ever I'm now competing with Barca/Man C/PSG for contracts and even average players want 100k+ p/w. I'm not just north of £2mp/w and have to do good transfer business to make a profit per season.

Financially i'm ok 150m in the bank, 5m p/w wage budget and c.1bn transfer kitty but £2mp/w on salary still seems loads to me.

one tactic man :)
great work..is that your first champions league?

Im up to 219K and last season i got to the CL semi's and would have been on less than 200k doing that. Will challenge again this season

If it wasnt for CL money though i'd be bankrupt