Loyalty to a club - Class of 92 type scenario in FM

danny4690

Reaction score
Does it really mean anything in the games? I have a full team of home grown players who all list the club as their favourite and come from the local area. I made a rule early on not to buy in talent but to invest in youth coaches, facilities etc and to blood players young, which is easier in Skrill Prem- League 1 but more difficult above that. But does that actually count for anything in the game other than not having to worry about European registration quotas?

Can a player's willingness and determination to perform for his club really outweigh the higher quality of an opposition? As Kiddy Harriers a few times I've beaten much larger opposition - got a cheeky 1-0 against Man United (who, in my save in 2020, admittedly aren't the force they are now) and a lucky cup run in the Europa League where I eventually lost to Ajax. Many of my players are English U21 and so are good quality theoretically but is it written (so to speak) into the game that such a squad makeup counts for anything. Are cohesion, loyalty and camaraderie qualities which can affect outcomes in FM13?

Haven't got FM14...yet....but I'm wondering if that's something that could be looked at for future versions, even recognition within the game, through media quotes or whatever, of a good youth system and a home grown team would be cool.

Has any one any other experiences of this kind of strategy?

Cohesion is certainly a big factor. I bet in your game at the moment the team will "be willing to die for each other"?

Obviously talent will, more often than not, be the biggest factor though.

I think it will be easier for your players to find each other. Just like when you buy a player from a foreign country it needs time to gell in. You don't have that problem and just like in real life, i think, your players should be able to pass each other more easily and have better positions tacticly as a team.

A negative thing could be that once you sell a favourite player that your players are gonna be unsettled because they're losing a good friend.