Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
LSPlaysFM’s FM21 5-2-2-1 Spaceship Tactic – The Art Of Defending

LSPlaysFM’s FM21 5-2-2-1 Spaceship Tactic – The Art Of Defending 2020-12-18

Reaction score
Hey there!

This is interesting, I had been looking for a tactic which implements a SS for a loooong time.

Important question: in your career you speak about long term saves on your twitch channel where you used the tactic, however a major ME update was released yesterday (the same day you posted the tactic). So does it still work after patch 21.2?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Hey there!

This is interesting, I had been looking for a tactic which implements a SS for a loooong time.

Important question: in your career you speak about long term saves on your twitch channel where you used the tactic, however a major ME update was released yesterday (the same day you posted the tactic). So does it still work after patch 21.2?

Cheers!
Hey there mate, I can safely say this most certainly does utilise the SS. In terms of the update to the engine, it does still seem to work exactly the same.

We had a stream yesterday and other then 2 games with Norwich we won all our games so still seems to be working as it did originally which is good. ?

Hope that helps ?

Reaction score
I tweaked the tactic to better suit my players, and I used it for games where I was not the favourite (not many of them tbh), or when I had some injuries upfront: it works, it's very solid defensively and can lead to interesting quick counter attacks.

So well done, friend ;) now I'm curious to test this Quadruple Winning 5-2-1-2 that I saw you posted.

Reaction score
I tweaked the tactic to better suit my players, and I used it for games where I was not the favourite (not many of them tbh), or when I had some injuries upfront: it works, it's very solid defensively and can lead to interesting quick counter attacks.

So well done, friend ;) now I'm curious to test this Quadruple Winning 5-2-1-2 that I saw you posted.
Ah that is great to hear you got it working for you. Definitely as a formation where you need to be defensively solid it works as a great example. Well I hope that the 5-2-1-2 works well for you also! Thanks for the feedback mate, always appreciated. :)