joshcoles224

Reaction score
Just about to start my 3rd season with Everton. Being offered 40 mill plus add-ons for Lucas Romero by City and a few others. He has been playing very well for me as a DLP/S on the right of three man midfield next to James McCarthy BWM/D and Barkley AP/S.

He’s not being unsettled in anyway but I’m in two minds whether to cash in on or not as I can replace with Johannes Geis for around 25 mill. Can afford to bring in Geis regardless but I thought cashing in may be a good option as I am also training Ryan Ledson to play as DLP too.

Been pondering this one all day which led me to losing focus in the middle of an important meeting earlier, so much so I had to be nudged by my boss to wake up when I was asked a question. Please help!

sell. lucas romero isnt as op as he was in the past couple of years. 45 million is good money and geis imo is better.

dc is correct - that is really good money for a really good midfielder. Romero isn't the same on FM16 as previous. On FM15, you could count on him going to somewhere in Portugal and then to a rich club - often Chelsea - where he would completely boss their midfield for years as a truly world class player. Doesn't seem to be quite on that level anymore, but still very good.

So that amount of money would represent very good money, especially when a for-like replacement will cost less. Its good business.

That said, it always bears remembering that its a game. And we all find enjoyment out of different aspects. For some, turning a great piece of business is one of the great joys of the game. But for others, its just the players or the badge or whatever. So do you care if the club's bank balance looks better? Do you need the money? Or will it be more enjoyable to see a player you love (if you love the player - talking more generally) still bossing your midfield? Deciding where you are going to find more enjoyment makes "should I sell" a fairly easy question IMO.

Geis might be a better player. Can't check the game to see and its not always obvious anyway. But bear in mind that different players will play differently, even in the same role in the same tactic. Personality, PPMs, and obviously attributes all mean they will do things differently. That can be good or bad, or sometimes both.