Luis Enrique's Tactics At Barcelona

TheHalfBack

Reaction score
My take on the way Luis Enrique has set up at Barcelona and how it would look in Football Manager. Take a look :)

[video=youtube;DLODprx-I_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLODprx-I_c[/video]​

alright bud, watched a few of your vids. I do enjoy them. 1 thing though, you describe pass into space as alve's pass to saurez over the top of defenders which results in a goal. is this not more direct passing? breaking from the usual game if the player sees an opportunity for goal?
my take on pass into space was to keep players moving, to find space themselves rather than pass to feet which can make play a bit slower?
what do you think?

I think you have got most of those roles perfect. I was reading an article on sky sports mentioning how luis Enrique told the full backs to be the only ones occupying the flanks so they almost act like wingers so for me I would set neymar and messi to sit narrower and maybe set the fullbacks to complete wingers. I also think Barcelona play with more direct passing so that could be something to take in consideration. Other than that, a really good take! Did you at re-creating set pieces with Barcelona leaving 2 up front?

alright bud, watched a few of your vids. I do enjoy them. 1 thing though, you describe pass into space as alve's pass to saurez over the top of defenders which results in a goal. is this not more direct passing? breaking from the usual game if the player sees an opportunity for goal?
my take on pass into space was to keep players moving, to find space themselves rather than pass to feet which can make play a bit slower?
what do you think?

Thanks man, glad you enjoy the video's :). The reason I opted against setting the passing to more direct is that although the players under Enrique are a lot more willing to play longer passes than they were under Guardiola, I still feel like the philosophy is still heavily focused on maintaining possession and to do that I felt like shorter passing would be a much better option than more direct passing.

I think you have got most of those roles perfect. I was reading an article on sky sports mentioning how luis Enrique told the full backs to be the only ones occupying the flanks so they almost act like wingers so for me I would set neymar and messi to sit narrower and maybe set the fullbacks to complete wingers. I also think Barcelona play with more direct passing so that could be something to take in consideration. Other than that, a really good take! Did you at re-creating set pieces with Barcelona leaving 2 up front?

Good to hear your opinion, that is very interesting regarding the full backs. I actually came close to setting the sit narrower instruction on Neymar and Messi, but my experience with it is that player will always come into the middle of the park when the team is in possession, whereas you will often see Neymar and Messi(More so Neymar) start off on the touchline and look to dribble with the ball or look for a pass and work their way into a more central area. For that reason I felt like by setting them both to Roam From Position it would create a better balance.

Fair enough, roam from position could actually work better than I thought :p. Other than that I would love to see more videos like these! Look forward too it!

I destroyed Real Madrid 6-2 at Camp Nou in the semis of UCL, we draw 1-1 at Bernabeu. After that, Copa del Rey Final against them at Mestalla, we won 6-1. And then UCL final against Bayern. 5-0.

The tactic it's amazing, I only changed the role of the keeper and add some instructions for him. And played a little with Messi but i cant't get more assists from him. Oh, and also swicht positions between him and Suarez.

My only complain its the Iniestas role, some matches he doesn't even exists but thats very realistic so... I think thats ok xD

I destroyed Real Madrid 6-2 at Camp Nou in the semis of UCL, we draw 1-1 at Bernabeu. After that, Copa del Rey Final against them at Mestalla, we won 6-1. And then UCL final against Bayern. 5-0.

The tactic it's amazing, I only changed the role of the keeper and add some instructions for him. And played a little with Messi but i cant't get more assists from him. Oh, and also swicht positions between him and Suarez.

My only complain its the Iniestas role, some matches he doesn't even exists but thats very realistic so... I think thats ok xD

Very glad to hear you've had success with it! :)

Understand completely, working with the tools we have and all that. I learnt this when trying to recreate bayerns tactics with their rotating triangles, best I could do was swap player positions. epic fail! haha look forward to more vids :)

Understand completely, working with the tools we have and all that. I learnt this when trying to recreate bayerns tactics with their rotating triangles, best I could do was swap player positions. epic fail! haha look forward to more vids :)

Thanks man :)

Download?

Loved the video mate! One quick question though? How do you download this tactic cos Barcelona happens to be my favourite team and not sure how to create tactics!!!!

Loved the video mate! One quick question though? How do you download this tactic cos Barcelona happens to be my favourite team and not sure how to create tactics!!!!

Glad you enjoyed it :). I actually didn't make the tactic downloadable as it was more a video created to share my thoughts on how this Barca side functioned, rather than me trying to share a tactic I've had great success with.

In some games Messi and Neymar are staying wider but roaming from positions, just wanted to share it with you guys. Also, Barca now makes dangerous counter attacks so they don't always build actions from the back. Anyway, this tactic is very nice and very close to that what we can see when Barca is playing :) good job

btw. could you tell me what skin is this?

In some games Messi and Neymar are staying wider but roaming from positions, just wanted to share it with you guys. Also, Barca now makes dangerous counter attacks so they don't always build actions from the back. Anyway, this tactic is very nice and very close to that what we can see when Barca is playing :) good job

btw. could you tell me what skin is this?

Not sure if I'm aloud to link other sites here, so I've sent you a private message with it :)

what is the average team possession you are getting with Barca with this tactic mate?

Any chance you could create a download link mate? Wouldn't mind trying this out

QUOTE=TheHalfBack;2764889]Not sure if I'm aloud to link other sites here, so I've sent you a private message with it :)[ QUOTE]

Hey mate I was wondering if I could get my hands on that tactic too ?

Is there opposition intrusions to it?? Would like to give it a go