Luis Ferreira - From The Favelas To The F****** Big Time!

Reaction score
Luis Douglas Ferreira
View attachment 353547
At the age of ten, Ferreira was spotted by a scout for Barcelona on holiday in Brazil. The scout arranged for Ferreira to fly to Spain to have a two week trial. Ferreira scored a hat-trick in his first game. He was set to join the famous La Masia academy. Until a car accident broke his collarbone and scuppered any chance of signing for FC Barcelona. Back in Brazil, Ferreira has the ultimate dream of playing in the UEFA Champions League. Signing for local club Portuguesa, the story begins.

All Time Career Stats

Luis Ferreira
First Team Stats
YearsClubAppearancesGoals
2014A Portuguesa D231
2015A Portuguesa D101
2016A Portuguesa D103

Youth Stats
YearsClubAppearancesGoals
2014A Portuguesa D4316
2015A Portuguesa D4433
2016A Portuguesa D4522

Last edited:
Season 1 - 2014
150px-Portuguesa_de_Desportos.png

View attachment 353544
View attachment 353543
Ferreira's first competitive season for A Portuguesa D saw him make a total of 24 first team appearances scoring just one goal. However, playing for the U20 team he scored 15 goals in 43 games.
Portuguesa finished thirteenth in the Brazilian Serie B under the management of Argel *****.

Giving an interview after his first professional season, Ferreira was very honest about his season
It wasn't very good for me. I played 24 times, 23 times off the bench and I scored once. I know I am better than that and I can't wait until next season to prove the doubters wrong. I think my time in the U20s helped me not to lose all my confidence, I think I am ready to be in the first team and I hope to make a contribution to the team next season.

I will most likely upload 1-2 seasons a day. Hope you guys enjoy the story. Feedback appreciated

Season 2 - 2015
View attachment 353525
View attachment 353526
Ferreira's second season with A Portuguesa D was spent mostly with the U20 squad. Argel ***** has not shown faith in the young forward and has listed him for loan. Ferreira made ten appearances as Portuguesa were promoted to Serie A. Ferreira has told the press he wants to leave the club either on loan or permanently. Ferreira scored 33 goals in 44 games for the U20 squad.

It's a shame I made a handful of appearances but it is the decision of the manager. I can't keep playing in the youth team, at this stage of my career I need to be playing first team football to help my development. I felt I was ready this season but it wasn't to be, I need to either go out on loan or sign for a new club where I can be guaranteed first team football.

Season 3 - 2016
View attachment 353520
View attachment 353519
A new look Luis Ferreira completed his third season with Portuguesa beating his record of 1 league goal by scoring two more. Four goals in ten league appearances and the denial of a loan sees Ferreira looking likely to leave with his contract running down to one year left. Ferreira continued to play in the club's U20 squad and scored 22 goals in 45 games. Ferreira had this to say on his future

It's wide open at the moment, I don't know whether I will stay or not. I was told I would be given a chance and I wasn't really. I'd like to stay here but I would need assurances over my future after being denied the opportunity of a loan.

I'm liking the looks of this :D Will most definitely be following for the entirety :)