Luis Garcia - The New Manager On The Block

Godfish93

Reaction score
The Luis Garcia Chronicles

View attachment 264682

I am Luis Garcia. You may know me well, I’m an ex-Spanish winger, with a little bit of a journeyman reputation. I had spells with At. Mad, Racing Santander and Panathinaikos, but my most well-known spell was at Liverpool, where I made 77 league appearances, scoring 18.

My career defining moment came at Anfield on the 3rd​ May 2005. My 4th​ minute goal put us on the road to Istanbul. The final itself is history, and one of my proudest moments in football.

View attachment 264681

Now it’s my turn to hit management. It’s high time I gave back to the world that gave me so much joy, and I am determined to have my own Istanbul moment, this time as a manager.

View attachment 264651

-----------------

As an aside, I'd like to credit both Lippo and JamieWilliams for the inspiration behind this story, Manuel Pablo and JC now have a new rival on the block!

Last edited:
You start more saves than I do :p

Blame my PC! And my lack of backing up, but that's another story for another day...

In seriousness, I wanted a story to run alongside my BAP. All being well, this will be it.

Blame my PC! And my lack of backing up, but that's another story for another day...

In seriousness, I wanted a story to run alongside my BAP. All being well, this will be it.

I feel ya pain with that haha but good luck :)

View attachment 264522
Well, it is a start. I haven't been back to Barca since my youth days, and I would definitely consider it. I am doubtful though, the lack of a possibility of promotion does put me off slightly.

View attachment 264519
My wait continues. I could be more disappointed I missed out, but there are some interesting jobs under threat, so I remain poised to jump in.

Love it! Thanks for the mention, but what a player to choose! Used to love Garcia so much!

View attachment 264508

I've got a job! Sporting are expecting a lot of me, but they are a talented enough team, and really shouldn't be down in 19th. I'm looking forward to meeting the squad, and getting this season back on track. It's good to be back in football.

Nice job, look forward to it. Had plans for a Dennis Bergkamp story after seeing his "footballs greatest" but happy with my road to glory at the minute! Good luck.

View attachment 264502

The trophy cabinet looks very bare. My first task will be to try and add to those Liga Adelente trophies we have. Then we start fighting against the big boys.

View attachment 264501
These are the players I have to work with. I'll be honest, I've been more impressed. We have a good centre back pairing who I'll be looking to make the heart of my team. The lack of variety up front is worrying though, given my inclination not to use a target man.

View attachment 264481
Not the start I was looking for. We were undone by a masterclass by Halilovic. In the end, it was two long range efforts that undid us, but it was promising for about 60 minutes. The players are up for the fight, and we will get out of this quickly.

View attachment 264394
Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with the point. I'm also delighted with the clean sheet. But, we could, and should, have won this one. Our distinct lack of striking options is causing problems, and I'll be looking to resolve that if possible in January.

View attachment 264265
Two in a row! We continue our revival with another decent win, taking us out the drop zone. Was nice to see Carlos get on the scoresheet as well, I'm expecting more from him.