kunnykel

Reaction score
Hi Guys will keep this brief, following on from my successful Man Utd 442 Attacking old and best formation I completed the first season with a treble and champions league final appearance.

Excuse the rushed post will follow up with screenshots etc at a later date.

Following on from the appointment of Louis Van Gaal I have started to my second season with a new tactic to suit his Dutch Legacy.

The tactic is a very attacking and fluid 433 formation suited to very fast counter attacking play, high pressure and ball retantion and creative and dynamic passing and movement.

Maybe will this be what we see from United next season?

anyway you can download the tactic here:

View attachment 380002

I'm delighted that somebody has finally managed to nail down LVG's tactics at Man Utd. I've been waiting for a decent tactic for Man United ever since LVG took over and played their first game under him....wait.......

Some right snarky so and so's in here. I'll probably give this tactic a try at some point and i do hope Van Gaal uses his vintage 4-3-3 for united and get some quality midfielders in while getting rid of the dross aka cleverley, young and fellaini.

How do we know LVG will play 433?

LVG has always played the system at all the clubs he's been with. He is well-versed with both Ajax's 1970s philosophy of (3-4-3 with Libero) & 1990s (4-3-3 with deep-lying playmaker ala Guardiola). It will be a surprise if he is not playing his usual playing style. Usually his teams play with high attacking intensity, and thus his defence may look suspect at times. I fear for Man Utd's rear guards next season as the Jones and Evans pairing looked very shaky.

Just ask Everton...

LVG has always played the system at all the clubs he's been with. He is well-versed with both Ajax's 1970s philosophy of (3-4-3 with Libero) & 1990s (4-3-3 with deep-lying playmaker ala Guardiola). It will be a surprise if he is not playing his usual playing style. Usually his teams play with high attacking intensity, and thus his defence may look suspect at times. I fear for Man Utd's rear guards next season as the Jones and Evans pairing looked very shaky.

Just ask Everton...
Has also played 442 and 352/532 with Holland.

Either way United won't be making the top four this year, Kroos, Muller, Robben, Hummels, Reus and even Konoplyanka have turned United down already, long may their demise last.

Either way United won't be making the top four this year, Kroos, Muller, Robben, Hummels, Reus and even Konoplyanka have turned United down already, long may their demise last.
How do you know if we have made bids for half of these players? And LVG said he don't want Kroos he did not turn us down. We will be back in top 4 next season, will be tough but will do it.

How do you know if we have made bids for half of these players? And LVG said he don't want Kroos he did not turn us down. We will be back in top 4 next season, will be tough but will do it.

Kroos said he didn't want the move, Reus and Hummels both said they're staying at Dortmund, Konoplyanka when asked about United said "I'd rather stay at Dnipro and play in the champions league", Robben recently came out and said there's no chance he's going to United, the top four will remain the same, United will be out for a couple of years.

Van Gal got sacked at Barcelona, leaving them 3 points off relegation, he got sacked at Bayern Munich, leaving them 5th, the majority of his success came with Ajax in the 1990's, who at the time had formidable players coming through the academy, I don't understand why United fans think he will be a hero, on top of this Ferguson will still be calling the shots.

Kroos said he didn't want the move, Reus and Hummels both said they're staying at Dortmund, Konoplyanka when asked about United said "I'd rather stay at Dnipro and play in the champions league", Robben recently came out and said there's no chance he's going to United, the top four will remain the same, United will be out for a couple of years.

Van Gal got sacked at Barcelona, leaving them 3 points off relegation, he got sacked at Bayern Munich, leaving them 5th, the majority of his success came with Ajax in the 1990's, who at the time had formidable players coming through the academy, I don't understand why United fans think he will be a hero, on top of this Ferguson will still be calling the shots.
All that is just paper talk and no one knows if we have bid or are even interested in half these players. Yes he has left clubs on bad terms, but you cant deny he has not been very successful. He just what we need a manager with big club mentality use to managing big players. Hopefully he can whip some of our lesser performers into shape.

All that is just paper talk and no one knows if we have bid or are even interested in half these players. Yes he has left clubs on bad terms, but you cant deny he has not been very successful. He just what we need a manager with big club mentality use to managing big players. Hopefully he can whip some of our lesser performers into shape.

As I said I don't rate the bloke, majority of his success came with Ajax who had fantastic players prior to him joining, at the time he was managing Bayern Munich a mutant could of won the league.

Hi Guys as promised here are a few screenshots of the tactic(s) and my Man Utd team. This is still in early development and I believe there to be room for improvement to patch up a few leaks.

I advise that you use the 433 attacking formation with the inside forwards against a weaker opponents as I have struggled against stronger opposition noticing that on the counter I'm quite vulnerable. But hey this is true in the real world so no major concerns there.

I have a second back up tactic for some away games and stronger opponents which focus on ball retention and build up play through the centre of the field, designed to frustrate the opponent and be deadly on the counter. I have used this tactic to good effect against teams like Chelsea and Arsenal to good effect achieving positive results.

My overall aim is to continue to play attacking football but be more creative here giving the nature of Mata, RVP and Januzaj and possible future United targets coming in. Such as Strootman, Javi Martinez and Luke Shaw. A philosophy that matches these players and also the mindset of coach Louis Van Gaal.

For all you loud mouthed haters out there there is no room here for your input so please take it elsewhere. Given the success of my previous season and Man Utd 442 the old new and the best tactic I hope this season and this tactic can just be *** successful for you guys as it hopefully will myself.

Training as per last season I leave to the assistant manager and coaching staff and Man Utd coaching staff have an attacking mindset anyway point to note I have Ryan Giggs as Assistant manager this season and I feel this tactic suits his coaching style very much.

You will need to change training Intensity to very high pre season and first few games as well and focusing on teamwork and attacking movement.

Here below are is a sneak preview as to the tactic thus far:

View attachment 379326View attachment 379323View attachment 379320View attachment 379315View attachment 379311View attachment 379310View attachment 379309View attachment 379308View attachment 379306View attachment 379305View attachment 379304View attachment 379302View attachment 379299View attachment 379298View attachment 379297View attachment 379295View attachment 379293

As you can see I have had 3 away defeats Newcastle and Notts Forest in the league cup. Poor results but I feel this could have been prevented if I went with a more counter attacking game. Was lack of my own Judgement really in match prep and went with the wrong formation.

Same goes for Napoli away. Napoli this second season are a very strong side and at home played a 352 formation very attacking and there wide men just destroyed me. I also misjudged this and went into the game with an attacking mindset. Though I did create a fare number off chances they totally dominated possession.

The formation is geared around a high tempo game with quality possession high up the pitch, Players will be patient at times and work for their openings and the inside forwards and fullbacks used to devastating effect. Psositioning of the players is disciplined which suits well for a more balance formation. You can see that the whole width of the pitch is used an in the centre of the park ball retention is very high.

I have also acquired the services of Fernando Lucas Martins from Shaktar Donesk. He is valued at 3.5 million 1 season and is very hard to lure away however I did acquire his services for 36 million over a 4 year deal and believe to be worth every penny. He is only 22 years old second season and is a Brazilian defensive ball winning midfielder with very good all round attributes and fits nicely into the team to give the team that extra defensive boost with creativity flair and good all round passing skills and team work. See above.

Also below is the counter attacking version of the 433 for download. Hope you guys enjoy and please feel free to tinkle with the tactics and share your input as I will be forever tweaking for improvement.

Thanks Kel

View attachment 379280

I'm delighted that somebody has finally managed to nail down LVG's tactics at Man Utd. I've been waiting for a decent tactic for Man United ever since LVG took over and played their first game under him....wait.......

As you and a few other miss read my initial post. This tactic is not based on Man UTD under LVG as we have yet to see it!!!

It is based around his philosophy and what we could possible expect! Errm Muppets :p

As I said I don't rate the bloke, majority of his success came with Ajax who had fantastic players prior to him joining, at the time he was managing Bayern Munich a mutant could of won the league.

And you never did your research properly did you? He won major honours in two different appointments at Barcelona and first season at Bayern also AZ Alkmar, YES he got the sack at both Barca and Bayern due to starting off poor but who doesn't at high profile clubs?? Maybe that could have been turned around?? Who knows same goes for Moyes!! Point is and deciding factor is he from the start can kick teams into shape and is a proven winner.

Not to mention Fergie when he first started at United was up and down for a few seasons and United were at few times became near the relegation zone.

As for transfers its all paper talk. What attracts players in this world is Money and the manager, take Chelski and Man City as prime examples and United have both plus a massive winning tradition lol so all you United haters can sneak back under that rock you crawled out from :)

And you never did your research properly did you? He won major honours in two different appointments at Barcelona and first season at Bayern also AZ Alkmar, YES he got the sack at both Barca and Bayern due to starting off poor but who doesn't at high profile clubs?? Maybe that could have been turned around?? Who knows same goes for Moyes!! Point is and deciding factor is he from the start can kick teams into shape and is a proven winner.

Not to mention Fergie when he first started at United was up and down for a few seasons and United were at few times became near the relegation zone.

As for transfers its all paper talk. What attracts players in this world is Money and the manager, take Chelski and Man City as prime examples and United have both plus a massive winning tradition lol so all you United haters can sneak back under that rock you crawled out from :)

Very well said. To add, i don't think Man Utd's trophy drought will last. Even though the form had been poor this season, Utd still have a very strong team less this summer transfers. The fact Moyes failed because the players did not play for him like they did for Sir Alex. I think Van Gaal's dictatorial approach would do good for Red Devils for the short term now, as in get the players in line.

Why for the short term is because i think harsh disciplinarian regime usually do not last long. But he will do a good job to steer the ship back to its course.