Luka Modric or Mesut Ozil?

Marko Dubrava

Reaction score
What do you think who will have a key role in Mourinho's team? Modric or Ozil, and who is generally better?
I don't think that both can play in first team

Different positions

Modric is usually played in the deeper play making role, with occasional burst's forward

Ozil is played in the 3 behind the striker

I'd say Ozil is a definite starter for Madrid

Modric IMO will be going against Khedira for the role next to Xabi Alonso, Khedira playing tighter games for his defensive nature and Modric playing the games where he can influence attacks alot more

Sorry did not read the first post.
I think Ozil great vision and can link up well with the wing players(C.Ronaldo and Di Maria).Modric is good too.The first matches will shape it.

nope mate, Mou said that they will fight for same position - in the 3 behind the striker. And Essien is replacement for Khedira

IMO Modric isn't good enough to be a fringe player at Madrid, let alone push Ozil for the no. 10 position.

I don't understand what Modric brings to Real Madrid, never mind any other team. Not a fan. John Terry affects games in an attacking way more than he does, and before you argue, focus on JT in his next game.

if you watched a game vs Granada, you would understand why is he playing for Real Madrid

Özil all day. Still not sure why Madrid signed Modric when they already have Nuri Sahin & Kaka in reserve.

IMO Modric isn't good enough to be a fringe player at Madrid, let alone push Ozil for the no. 10 position.

I don't understand what Modric brings to Real Madrid, never mind any other team. Not a fan. John Terry affects games in an attacking way more than he does, and before you argue, focus on JT in his next game.

[video=youtube;bYqErjLMx2U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYqErjLMx2U[/video]

Why do not they use Kaka?

A lot of Kaka's game was about pace and running at defenders, which he's lost... Although he still has great technique etc . Also his role for Milan was just off the striker, and he doesn't seem to be as comfortable in the midfield where he's often asked to play for Madrid.

Yesterday they showed that they can both play in first team. Modric was the best player on the pitch after CR