joeyod007

Reaction score
Hello, I'm into my second season with Manchester United. Won the treble the first season (league by 20 points), but have struggled to get Luka Modric fully involved. I have him set as my playmaker in the advanced playmaker role, either as attack, or support.

My individual tactics for him are mentality - one click into attack, creative freedom - high normal (one click below much) passing style - short/mixed, run from deep - sometimes, run w/ ball - sometimes, long shots - rarely, through balls - sometimes, wide play - normal.

Last game in particular he only touched the ball 14 times, while Carrick his partner passed the ball 45 times. I'm stumped, so I thought I would ask for your guys advice.

Thank you, Joey O'Donnell

PS: I tend to play a short passing style. First season was with a slow tempo, but now I'am trying to quicken it up more.

Well, one of the best ways to get ur player to recieve the ball is to make him more defensively minded than others in ur team, that way he shud look to get into more positions to receive the ball rather than attackin/ goal-threat areas.
Also, he shud be set to ur team playmaker (as he already is), and make sure he has the has the preferred move "comes deep to collect ball".

Finally, look at the length of passing of the players around him... if u set Carrick, his midfield partner, to very short passing, then he is likely to lay the ball of to the player next to him (Modric) quite often.
(Oh, and with Modric's abilities, u may want to set him to "lots of through balls", with his creativity and technical skills)
Thats all i can think of atm...

Last edited:
cool, thanks so much, definitely some points I never would have thought about.