Reaction score
What does everyone think is the best way to play him?

I use him as a central midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 (Tottenham) and have had an average rating of about 6.95 in the last two seasons. Not much luck either playing him as an advanced playmaker.

Any tips? As Atletico and Juve are after him and I don't really want to sell him, but may well do so if he keeps performing like this.

Advanced Playmaker with Support duty.

Highest amount of creative freedom, allow him to move into channels.

Central Midfielder w/ Advanced Playmaker (Support) duty.

I've had great success with him in this role. Maybe the problem is in your tactic, rather than the individual.

I've had great success with him in this role. Maybe the problem is in your tactic, rather than the individual.

What he said ^^)

My tactic is fine mate, I've done some impressive stuff with Tottenham after two seasons. I just think I've got the individual settings for Modric wrong. Both him and Huddlestone were operating more conservatively to counteract the attacking flair and success of VDV, Bale, Lennon and Neymar. It's worked.

agreed, Modric is killer from this position, creates assists and key passes with machine like precision.

Been using him as a AML inside forward most of the time this season in my spurs game (3rd season). He has about 10 goals and around the same amount of assists after 27 games and has an average rating of 7,8 which is highest in the league atm. This means your best bet is to play Bale as LB tho, dunno about ur thoughts on that but its worked for me so far leading the league by 11 points.

Played him as CM advanced playmaker attack last season whilst VDV vas injuried, but now he's fit I feel this is the best way to use them both at the same time. Dunno if this helped, and btw I'm plaing a 4-4-2 with the wide midfielders in AMR/AML positions.

For him he sucks at MC but brilliant at AMC. Play him as Adv playmaker/support with hold up ball and high creative freedom..

Been using him as a AML inside forward most of the time this season in my spurs game (3rd season). He has about 10 goals and around the same amount of assists after 27 games and has an average rating of 7,8 which is highest in the league atm. This means your best bet is to play Bale as LB tho, dunno about ur thoughts on that but its worked for me so far leading the league by 11 points.

Played him as CM advanced playmaker attack last season whilst VDV vas injuried, but now he's fit I feel this is the best way to use them both at the same time. Dunno if this helped, and btw I'm plaing a 4-4-2 with the wide midfielders in AMR/AML positions.
Advice: don't use him as AML. Try to find him place on AMC. It will be the best for him and for you

I started a game with QPR, but halfway through my second season Tottenham approached me and I accepted. In my attacking 4-2-2 formation, last season, I mostly played VDV and Modric as my two CM's. I play VDV as a Box-to-Box Midfielder with Support duty. He was an absolute beast. Finished the season with an average rating of 7.47 and was voted Fan Player of the Year.

As for Modric, I play him as a Advanced Playmaker with the Support Duty. He has been fantastic in that role. Had an average rating of 7.20 last season.

Maybe this will help you: In player instructions, set Modric's Through Balls to 'often', set his Mentality to 'attacking' (about 4/5ths up the bar) and with creative freedom set to 'much' (3/4ths up the bar).