Dicko1878

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with Lukaku. In the first season he absolutely dominated scoring 40+ goals in all competitions and helping me to win the prem.

Now here in the second season I have an issue with him scoring, the tactic hasn't changed and there are only 3 players I brought in. His stats say he's scoring a fair amount however when I watch the games he'll get through on goal so many times only to miss and mainly hit the keeper and often I find myself drawing games.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting him to score? whether it be PPMs to learn etc. I'm happy to post screenshots =]

I have had a similar experience with him.
Bought him for 30mil from Everton in the 2nd season. First season he ended with 23 goals in all competitions mainly coming off the bench and sometimes playing alongside Diego Costa while chasing games where his assist numbers shot up. In his second season though he is goalless in 11 games when playing in a similar role. He also got injured multiple times worsening his condition, but eventually he managed to get 9 goals and 17 assists in all competitions.
He is a brilliant TM if you have a team with good passing and a strike partner with good anticipation and pace.
His goalscoring rate wont exceed 1 goal every 2 games, but he should be a good teammate when used in a 2 striker tactic. In a single striker role, he will need to be fed balls consistently, as his anticipation, work rate and aggression are average.
A Complete Forward role with an attacking mentality, wingers pushed up in attack and full backs overlapping should work, but will mean you are weaker at the back.