Scotty98TR

Reaction score
I am currently coming towards the end of the 2015/16 season (So 3rd season), but I have a bit of a dilemma.

A less detailed summary is at the bottom (In case you can't be bothered reading all this!)

Negredo has been on fire for Man City, scoring 15 goals and getting 2 assists in the league in 11(+7) games. He is currently top scorer in the league. I intended to just unsettle him and stop his form by declaring interest in him, but after finding out City only want ?1.8m for him, I made a bid and offered a contract of around ?70k a week as a rotation option.

Lukaku on the other hand is currently in the opposite situation. He moved to Bayern in the 2nd season for ?20m. Since then he has struggled. He scored 5 goals in 7 sub appearances in his 1st season, but in his 2nd he had barely played, and hasn't scored. Bayern want ?16.5m for him, and he'd be on ?55k a week.

I use a 2 striker formation, involving a poached and then either a DLF/Targetman/or False 9. I currently have Chicharito, Suarez, and Giroud as my strikers, although El Shaarawy and Muniain can play there. Out on loan, I have Huntelaar, Akpom and Werner, the latter two both pretty much ready for the first team.

So what do you think I should do?

Lukaku - Out of form at Bayern, barely played. Would cost ?16.5m + ?55k a week.
Negredo - In red hot form at City, and would only cost ?1.6m. Wages of ?70k, plus alot of bonuses!
Neither, and don't send some of my other strikers back out on loan.

Thanks, if you can be bothered to read to here! :)

P.S. Pictures of my strikers (From Senior, both youth teams and out on loan):
View attachment 443439

And of Negredo and Lukaku:
View attachment 443438View attachment 443437
View attachment 443436View attachment 443435

Now Aguero is listed for ?21m. I have had a bid accepted, but he wants ?170k a week... :/

Lukaku if you're going pick one, he is still the best young striker in the game.

Out of the two i would pick Lukaku, younger and better :)

Thanks for your answers, I am really indecisive on this one! What about out of Lukaku, Negredo or Aguero? Still Lukaku (He would fit into my team better, but Aguero is world class)

EDIT: I have ?30m to spend, so I could actually get Aguero AND Negredo. Obviously this would impact my transfer budget for next season, but nowhere else really needs strengthening. How many strikers do people normally have (Baring in mind I play with a 2 striker formatiom)

Last edited:
It is true, looking at your tactic, Aguero and Lukaku would fit into it much better than Negredo. Now as far as Lukaku vs Aguero, Aguero is the better player, seeing as you are in 2016 Aguero is abit too old for my liking (Yes, I buy young, that is my policy) but obviously Aguero i one of the best players in the game, but compared with Lukaku his wages are higher than Wiz Khalifa. So the conclusion is, both are fantastic players, but are you willing to pay Aguero 175k a week +crazy bonuses? or will you go for the (not equally, but sorta ) almost as good, but different much cheaper Lukaku? Your choice, both are excellent options though :) hope that sorta helps you out :)

Lukaku vs Negredo:
Lukaku. Simply because he's better. But I would not recommend him if you don't have a bunch of other strikers to rotate him with, his stamina as you can see is really low, and it will be quite noticeable. Low stamina + medium/high work rate = bad. But you could always work on his stamina till' it reach level 13 (takes about 1 season with no injuries in the picture). I had him at Chelsea (playing lone striker as a false 9), he did very good, but he always got exhausted for the next game unless I substituted him early in the previous match. So he never became my main striker until he turned 25. Had Lewandowski as my main.

Lukaku vs Aguero:
Aguero is brilliant. Expensive but worth every penny in my opinion. Just make sure that you limit the amount of long shots he'll be taking (he got that trait). Age is the only thing that would favor Lukaku in this pick.

How many strikers you should have:
I guess you're playing in England, and if I'm right, you should have at least 4 strikers you can rotate between. The reason is simply because there are so many games in the Premier League being played in a short period of time (if you don't beaten out of the cup competitions early on). It's not like in the other divisions where you'll get like a few weeks to a month rest on your players.

Last edited:
I've decided I'm definitely not going for Negredo. Still not sure between Aguero and Lukaku though. As Tommy said, Lukaku is alot cheaper, and is still very good, but Aguero is one of the best strikers on the game, although Lukaku is younger (I do have lots of good striker regens that are 18ish though). Plus the fact getting Aguero would really weaken City (And I am one of Aguero's favoured Personnel), I am probably gonna go for Aguero, although still not 100% certain.

Has anyone had any experience managing either, and how did they do? :)

Oh, and the reason Aguero is available so cheap (Compared to normal) is because City finished 6th season before. They are currently 3rd though, so Aguero won't be available again, but Lukaku might...

Lukaku vs Negredo:
Lukaku. Simply because he's better. But I would not recommend him if you don't have a bunch of other strikers to rotate him with, his stamina as you can see is really low, and it will be quite noticeable. Low stamina + medium/high work rate = bad. But you could always work on his stamina till' it reach level 13 (takes about 1 season with no injuries in the picture). I had him at Chelsea (playing lone striker as a false 9), he did very good, but he always got exhausted for the next game unless I substituted him early in the previous match. So he never became my main striker until he turned 25. Had Lewandowski as my main.

Lukaku vs Aguero:
Aguero is brilliant. Expensive but worth every penny in my opinion. Just make sure that you limit the amount of long shots he'll be taking (he got that trait). Age is the only thing that would favor Lukaku in this pick.

How many strikers you should have:
I guess you're playing in England, and if I'm right, you should have at least 4 strikers you can rotate between. The reason is simply because there are so many games in the Premier League being played in a short period of time (if you don't beaten out of the cup competitions early on). It's not like in the other divisions where you'll get like a few weeks to a month rest on your players.

I hadn't noticed Lukakus poor stamina, and I need a striker to be the difference right now, so cant really wait for Lukaku. Thanks, think you have done the impossible and helped me make my mind up :)

By 2016 Aguero must be quite old, and I'm a Lukaku fan IRL so my opinion/advice may be biased, also he loves scoring in the game once you teach "Shoots with power" PPM for me. Try tutoring him by Giroud if you can, plays with back to goal PPM helps too. I okay him as TM(support), so his stamina isn't a big deal, but seems like you'll play him as Poacher, or TM(attack), he's equally good at both.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

Quite old? In 2016 Aguero still has 4-5 years left while being in his prime.

Players reach their peak in their late 20s. Anyway, Aguero has been fantastic for me in his 3 games so far, got a hattrick on his debut, and has also scored 1 more and got an assist. He also seems to hit the bar though, which is a bit weird :/ (In my last match, he it the woodword 3 times)