yiddogaz

Reaction score
Is luke shaw worth the 28 + million that southampton are after?

I bought him for ?14m, he's 20 years old now and valued at ?20.5m. Still hasn't reached his potential though, so he's likely to improve more and increase more in value. But ?28m is still a very stiff price, personally I'd look elsewhere.

The price is ridiculous probably bcoz he just signed a new contract and won't get unhappy and request a transfer no matter who comes in for him. Chelsea is his fav club, I'm barging down the door to get him but he's happy as can be.
you could look elsewhere but there ain't anything else.. he's the best young LB in the game bar none. But the price is incredibly high.. just bid 35 mill USD, and it still got rejected :| I'm gonna have to make ashley last a few more seasons i guess :(

In to my 3rd summer and i signed him for around 16m....imo he hasnt quite developed as well as he could, but he has loads of time! also danny rose was injured for me at LFC so he started the first 4 games and averaged in the low 6s so he isnt ready for first team footie in my game.....look elswehere

If you can afford him, get him. One of the only type of players you should overpay for in my opinion is a good left-footed left back. Those sort of players don't come around that often so you get your moneys worth.

Last edited:
If you can afford him, get him. One the only players you should overpay for in my opinion is a good left-footed left back. Them sort of players don't come around that often so you get your moneys worth.

Or buy Alaba

Well yeah my point is spending big on quality left-backs is alright by me.

Don't forget also, that the smaller teams knows you are a big team, and just like in IRL, they will ask more money for the player that every body knows could be the next big thing. Wenger talked about it, concerned that when City is interested, the value of the player raises like a rocket, leaving the other teams with no means to make an offer.

Just buy Ben Davies, he my first choice LB at Utd. I got fed up with Saints wanting stupid money for Shaw