Lukef's Bordeaux - Putting A Stamp On European Football.

lukef

Reaction score
7th July 2009

I sit here wondering whether the chairman has even considered my job application. I am starting to get doubts now, two days ago i applied, and no answer. I had already planned out my tactics as all the information lies in my bedsite cabinet. It seems as if its going to stay there. I walk into the living room to my wife looking gutted. She knows exactly what's the matter. However, as i walk into the kitchen my phone rings form an unknown number. I thought it was just going to be a prank caller..

"Hello, Luke Ferguson speaking, may i ask who's calling?"

"Yes, Jean-Louis Triaud here, Bordeaux chairman. We have looked at the all applicants and from a number of 13, your are the chosen one. We feel you have the right attitude, knowledge, and persistency to help the club. If you accept, we will pick you.."

"YES, i accept. Thank you, i have been wondering whether i was going to hear from you. Anyway, sorry, what was you saying?"

"No problem, well we will pick you up within the next two hours to bring you back to the stadium. We have let the fans know, and are expecting a packed stadium to see you here."

"Wow, thats great. I shall pack my bags and wait for you to arrive. Once again, thank you."

*Beeeeep* The phone hangs up.

I walk back into the living room with a huge grin on my face. My wife knows exactly what has happened. I run into my bedroom, throw the suitcase on my bed and rip out the contents of the wardrobe into the suitcase. I couldn't wait any longer. I was rushing, even though i had to wait another 2 hours. With the suitcase packed, I have a meal with my wife. She congratulated me and seemed very proud to be a football managers husband.

2 Hours later....

Its been 2 hours now and i am constantly looking outside the window of my house. Suddenly, a car arrives. A very flashy new Mercedes Benz. I then knew this was for me. The car honks the horn. I immediately step outside the house. I give my wife a hug and a kiss, then walk down the steps, into the car. As the car pulls away, i see my wife waving in the back window with a huge smile on her face. I wave back. Next thing i know, i am here. At the wonderful stadium.

I step outside the car and walk towards the stadium. Before i walk in i hear a message inside the ground.

"Mr Ferguson is here, please remain in your seats and welcome the new manager."

I am here, i walk down the huge tunnel, it seems like it will never end. I see the pitch ahead of me. I start to increase my pace. As i step onto the pitch i couldn't hear myself speak. The volume of noise was extreme. This is by far the best welcoming i've ever had. I wave to the crowd, after waiting there for a few minutes. They all seemed so happy. I walk back down the tunnel, out of the ground. However i was swamped by the press.

"Mr Ferguson, as the new manager of the club, do you think you can carry on success and retain the French league?"

"It's going to be hard, but with abit of luck and no injuries to my key players, I feel it can be achieved, not just in France, but Europe aswell."

"We believe you have some money to spend, will you be bringing in any players to boost your current sqaud?"

"I will be looking at a couple of players yes. However, i am not prepared to mention them untill a contract is signed."

"You have a great striker in the Morrocan international Marouane Chamakh, how do you rate your chances in keeping the player?"

"It's going to be extremely hard to keep Marouane here. Especially with clubs like Real Madrid and Manchester City sniffing around. But i feel i can persuade Marouane to stay here."

I walk off back into the Mercedes which took me back to my hotel. A couple of hours later, back in my hotel, i have been told that i have had a call from the Real Madrid boss, enquiring about Chamakh. I reply saying that he is not for sale. Straight away, i knew this was going to be hard. With the fans, and chairman optimistic, i know that i cannot let the club down. I have to achieve instantly.

As i rushed out of my house, i did not pick up the items i left in my bedside cabinet. I asked one of the chauffers to pick it up for me, which he did. I lay here on the hotel bed thinking about the players that i can bring in.

Follow me as i attempt to dominate France, then take it onto the big stage of Europe, enjoy!

A very well written opening post,

lol at the onomatopoeia of beeeeep XD

well wht a brill lay out well done so far i follow this best of luck

10th July 2009

Marouane Chamakh has signed a new deal for the club. His contract will last untill 2014. I am delighted to agree terms with Marouane. He is a top player and it is always great to know that he wants to see out his future at the club. He is a to asset to the club and will be a key member of the first team squad.

I am now getting the cheque book out. Ive looked at the players i want, and spoke to the clubs.

This is the day of my first friendly. Away to Bucaspor. It is important that i start the campaign on a high. I was nervous as this was my first game in charge. Luckily, i won in comfortable fashion. A 6-0 hammering. Goals from Plasil, Bellion (2), Chamakh, Cavenaghi and Gouffran made sure of my first win, absoulutely delighted.

11th July 2009

Today saw the first signing of my Bordeaux career. Marco Verratti. The youngster impressed me and with a fee of £350k, what can go wrong? He will be a key player in the future and i am pleased to bring him to the club.

16th July 2009

Again i opened the cheque book out to sign another youngster, Yaya Sanogo. The tall 16 year old looks like a great prospect for the future and will be key for the future. Also will play a few first team teams for the club. A hefty price of £3.5M paid but im sure he will justify the money spent. Also, Ukranian striker Artem Milevskyi joined the club for a price of £5M. The powerhouse will try to prove me that he can get into the first team squad. He is a great signing with alot of potential.

18th July 2009

2nd friendly, Tours FC. I wasn't nervous as i saw my team play against Burcaspor. We played excellent and im sure we could carry on the form. Which we did, another big win. 5-0 Bordeaux. Goals from Gourcuff (2), Chamakh (2), and Sanogo. I was happy for Yaya to score today. Just two days he's been at the club and got off to a great start.

21st July 2009

My third friendly. Antwerp. We came into this match scoring 11 goals from our last 2 matches and conceding 0. We are looking good all over the pitch. And this carried on again, a 4-0 win. Milevskyi impressed by scoring a hat trick, Gourcuff also managed to get on the score sheet. Looking good for Bordeaux at the moment.

22nd July 2009

This saw the departure of Jussie. Porto signed the Brazillian attacking midfielder for a price of 4.3M. With Gourcuff at the club, i saw he had no future at the club and it was best to cash in.

23rd July 2009

Our last friendly, Kapellen away. We are high on form at the moment and i am pleased that this carried on. A 6-0 battering. Chamakh impressed by grabbing himself a hat trick. Milevskyi also scored again with Sanogo and Bellion getting the other two. I am pleased with the pre season so far, but the teams we played are weak.

Quite a good layout you've got here.

If you keep this going for a good amount of time it could be a great story :)

Quite a good layout you've got here.

If you keep this going for a good amount of time it could be a great story :)

Thank you, im sure i will keep this going for a long period of time

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:15 PM ----------[/COLOR]

July + August update

Busy months on and off the field. Particularly pleasing results on the field, with some excellent transfers made off the field. So in general, a good start the my career here at Bordeaux.

Transfers

As you can see, mainly the transfers made are for the future. But with the likes of Lukaku, you know that you are going to have a top quality striker within a couple of years. Pleased with the signings in general with Aurier looking to be a key player for the future at right back. Some of the money spent was used using the 48 monthly installments.

25th July 2009 - Champions Trophy

This was the first competitive game for me as manager. Obivously i wanted win, but i was abit dissapointed with the team. In the end we managed to survive and win the match on penalties.

5th August 2009 - Bordeaux vs RC Lens

First league game for me. Pleased with the team by getting the 3 points, but would've rather scored a couple more goals. Overall pleased with the performance of Gourcuff. Scored two great goals, tore Lens' defence apart.

15th August - Sochaux vs Bordeaux

Coming from a 2-1 win over Lens, i was looking to carry on the form and get another 3 points, which i did in comfortable fashion. The defence looked extremely sharp and cleared any danger with ease.

23rd August - Bordeaux vs OGC Nice

Well, the performance was.. nice? A great win for us which will boost the goal difference up. The opposition never really threatened us and we dominated throughout the game.

30th August - OM vs Bordeaux

Well, i knew this was going to be hard as soon as i saw the fixture. Marseille is never an easy place to go with the likes of Ben Arfa and Niang playing against you. But the squad played extremely well and we deserved our win.

Champions league draw

Well, i couldn't of had a tougher group! The 3 opposing teams here are excellent. I must have to grind out results to stand a chance of qualifying. With some luck, i think i can progress.

Gourcuff claims player of the month

Gourcuff has grabbed player of the player with some classy performances. The Frenchman has scored 4 goals from 4 league games this month. Which has helped us get where we are, top player.

As it stands...

Top of the league is always great. But we must keep our performance up.

September update

Another pleasing month as manager. Got results i wouldn't of expected before the matches so i am generally happy!

12th September - Bordeaux vs Grenoble Foot 38

Nice start to the month, getting the win i was expecting. Stunning strike for Plasil, curled into the top corner. Top top performance.

16th September - Wolfsburg vs Bordeaux

Well here we go.. the first champions league game, away to Wolfsburg. I know i needed to cut out the supply from Dzeko and Grafite up front to stand a chance of getting anything from this game. And i was astonished by the final result. We battered them all over the park and deserved our win.

19th September - USBCO vs Bordeaux

Well its back to buisness, and again we put in a classy performance to get another 3 points. If we carry on this way we are going to walk away with the title..

26th September - Bordeaux vs Stade Rennais FC

I know i got the win, but tbh i was lucky to get all 3 points. A wonderful header from Gourcuff at the far post won me the match, Gourcuff is on fire.

29th September - Bordeaux vs Juventus

This was the game i knew i needed to win to pinch at least 2nd in the table. I was abit lucky as many of Juventus key players including Buffon, Trezeguet, Del Piero were all out with injuries, but with the back-up Juventus have, it would still be a different challenge to arise to. But we did manage to win the game with Gourcuff on the score sheet once again.

Well this is the story so far, please give me feedback and things you think i could improve. Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Can anyone see my screenshots?

Last edited:
Your screenshots are an invalid link for me m8

Your attachments aren´t working. Im also playing with Bordeaux by the way, finsihed 6th the first season but reached semifinals in both domestic cups and very surprisingly I beat amongst others Man United in CH-League and reached semifinals were Barcelona won easily.
I´m now at my third season with 10 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss after 12 games.
i also bought Yaya Sanogo early and have high hopes for him.