hitsman

Reaction score
The board claimed they expected automatic promotion first season in. I haven't played FM in ooh, 10 years? But boy, was I up for it!

It all started in 2009/10 when I tried to adjust to the players and make a good, solid starting 11. I did and they were pretty good, but pretty good isn't going to win the league. A dreadful start, losing games 1-0 five times in a row, and going on a ten-match unbeaten record, the board were considering sacking me. Dreadful.

One man who saved me? Tom Craddock. The former Boro player broke loose in the middle of the season ending up scoring 35 goals in 49 league games, which is **** good for a guy who's only 22 at the time.

At the end of the campain, I managed to secure 4th place in the league. Beating Kidderminster 3-2 in semi-final, I finally felt as if the team were going somewhere, especially with the board frowning down on me. Sadly, a defeat to Oxford in final meant we didn't gain promotion.

But shock horror!

The board kept me in! They claimed I could now get 1st place in second season after showing positives from first season. Yeah, I thought they were drunk too!

Second season in a nutshell. Mirroring first season. A bad start, dropped many points. This time finished fifth. Lost in semi-final of play-offs.

SHock horror! Again!

The board kept me in! Again! Now, I was starting to get the hang of the game completely. Somehow I managed to sign Everton's Lukas Jutkiewicz (ST) on a free, Mikkel Andersen (GK) on a free and Stuart Elliot (ML) for free as well. Amazing deals as all three of them played exceptional for me, and we thrashed the season. 1st with 104 points, breaking a record. Craddock scored 30 goals in 44, Jutkiewicz 27 in 35 with 11 assists. Wonderful partnership and Soldevilla in CB smashed it.

Am now in season 2012/13 in Coca Cola League 2. Dreadful start, not surprisingly. But have changed my formaton from 4-4-2 to a 4-4-2 Diamond, allowing new signing Kaby, free from Chelsea (who is so far pants) more attacking freedom and putting signing, Wotton (DMC) in his strongest postiion. Have Keath Keane in subs as he has been instrumental in promotion campaign last season, and am now rolling on to try and avoid relegation. Or I shall officially quit. Wish me luck.

Seems interesting so far and a bit of a rollercoaster ride.

Good luck, I'll be following :)

And so the journey which became so great, came to an abrupt end.

Unfortunately for me, some absolutely appauling results in Coca Cola League 2 left me dangling near relegation zone in 19th position. 2-0 defeats to Kidderminster and Yeovil in succession all but confirmed my nightmare. I was sacked.

As sad as it can be, I will blame Kaby, the one major flaw in my tactics. If i could have slapped him personally, i would have. But violence is not part (available) in the game, so I will keep my chin up and hope for the best next time.

Thank you guys for all your support even though it was inevitable that i was going to be given the boot.

A harsh harsh world, but maybe one day, just maybe, i will be a decent manager.

Once again, thanks.

Im new to FM, and i picked luton town, played 4, won three lost one. Need a better right back than Claude Gunakpa any ideas??

Luton are a hard team to manage,keith keane is their only good player i thought.Craddock was absoloutely terrible for me,i sold him in second season for 10k. He scored 2 goals in a year and a half.Barnes-homer is terrible too.
They have massive expectations with no money.
Anyone managing luton,sign prutton and huntington from leeds.

Hi,

I have managed to win successive promotions with Luton. Up 1st time from the Blue Square. I am now second in the championship in my first seson there. Keane is the only surviving member of my original squad.

Basically the Luton squad is not good enough to go straight up. I offloaded Gnapke , Emanuel, Gore, Basham and white just to free up the wage bill.

Hatch proved to be a waste of time.

Problems are lack of quality full backs and a wide players and need a good target man. Generally a lack of Flair and Creativity which will stop you getting promoted.

I got in Vidal RB (Man City) and Baker LB (Aston Villa) on Loan for the season with no wage contribution. They were both Brilliant .

I signed on free transfers - Mazzina CM(ex - Swansea), Wales (From scot Prem)ST , Mijovic (ex Brum) LM Stubhaug (Everton I think) GK . All proved to be good signings.

I Play 4-4-2 but with a twist I use a AMR(Kevin Gallen) ( as an Inside forward) and a LM as a support player . My left Back then tucks in with the CD 's to give extra support. My RB is set to auto.

I Use a Target Man (Gary Wales) with a Poacher also upfront (Tom Craddock).

I Play Direct , Press high up the field Fluid strategy with Norm Defensive line and wide width. I found most teams cant cope with the AMR and leave him un marked !

Also suggest True Football manager web site which has a great post on touchline shouts.

Good Luck - Has anyone managed to get Luton to the Premiership ?

i have a game with luton on fm2010.So far i have gain 3 successive promotion and i'm now in the championship promotion play offs.I have only spent around €800,000.