ILoveLamp

Reaction score
"We're not a sacking club"

"Philosophy"

______

It appears that no matter how bad things continue to get Ed Woodward and the board simply refuse to pull the trigger on LVG rather disastrous spell as Man Utd manager.

So how would this work on FM...

______

View attachment 169590

View attachment 169589
_____

What do I hope to achieve here?

I don't know really.

Ill use it to test tactics for more serious saves

-- Save Rules --

1. Faith in Youth
Rather, blind faith in youth. I might actually not sign a single player and play only the current MUFC squad and rely on youth graduates to refresh the ranks. PHILOSOPHY

2. Get Martial to break Sir Bobby's goalscoring records

Feel free to suggest other wee rules I should adopt along the way

Last edited:
In true Louis van Gaal fashion before the season has even started an injury crisis begins..

View attachment 169568

We start off with a late win at Anfield and actually managed to score some goals at Old Trafford..

But in keeping with the philosophy we fail to win more than two games in a row..

View attachment 169571

View attachment 169570

Qualification for the Champions League is secured..

View attachment 169569

Excluding PSG it looks a fairly easy group so I am fully confident we can finish 3rd and qualify for the Thursday Night Cup..

"Assistant trainer-coach Ryan Giggs was speaking about how impressed he has been by our consistency this season."

View attachment 169552

"I had no idea what 'consistency' meant as it isn't a word in my philosophy. However once I found out what consistency meant then I immediately set about emphasising that consistency has no place in the philosophy of Louis van Gaal"

View attachment 169553

...that's better

END OF SEASON

emiratesfacup_horizontal1.ashx

View attachment 169256

View attachment 169258

..in an alternate universe.

2017/18

James Wilson returns from season loans at Brighton and West Brom to score from the bench.

View attachment 167988

Our self imposed transfer ban will see him remain as an important squad player.

Martial starts the season as he played last year, absolutely on fire!

View attachment 167987

I've set him a goal now

-- SMASH SIR BOBBY'S ALL TIME GOALSCORING RECORD (199 LEAGUE GOALS)--

Rooney should have broke it but he's stuck on 182.

He broke a foot and his stats have deteriorated. He's on the transfer list and misses training regularly now - FINE FINE FINE!

View attachment 167986

NEVER IN DOUBT!!

View attachment 167474

Almost a clean sweep of trophies.

View attachment 167473

Defeat in the Champions League to Chelsea and the very close title race shows the lack of depth to the squad.

Valencia, Young, Felliani are some of the players let go in recent windows and we are yet to see any of the youth team players really cement a first team place

Sorry for no new updates. I played on via the tablet but about to quit the save as FM is drunk...

View attachment 164504

Despite not making a single signing we have dominated England and Europe and I don't really know how as very few youth team players have made the step up to the first team.

Every decent prospect seems to be a striker so we have an abundance of top class strikers but barely any decent cover anywhere else on the pitch.

With Smalling, Jones, Blind, Schneiderlin etc etc all in their 30s now the squad needs a complete revamp but the academy won't allow it unless I play De Gea in nets and 10 strikers!

View attachment 164505

View attachment 164502

View attachment 164503

I'll concentrate on my created club career

-- London Irish --

and maybe start up a proper long term save that will include the Pentagon challenge as I do every year. TBC

Last edited: