Mönchengladbach Second Season (2012-2013)

flowidi

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I finishied 2nd in my first season with Mönchengladback and now I need some help with the transfers.

Daems (too old), Wendt (6 million, couldn't refuse that) went out, so I need a new top class LB (5 million). I already loaned Jack Robinson who seems to be a excellent second choice.

With Ter Stegen and Guilherme, I think I need another experienced GK (free-500k) who's happy to be second/third choice.

My RB's were performing awful last season (costing me the Bundesliga title). I'll loan out Zimmermann (who was obviously not ready) and Janschke will have to be second choice behind a new top class RB (5 million).

I need also a talented cheap ball playing defender (1.5 million) behind Anderson Martins.

In the Left Winger (inside forward), I have Reus. But I'm here in need of a good back-up LW (2-3 million).

In the right winger (winger attack) it's almost the same situation. I have here Alex Teixeira, but Leckie and Herrmann (too young) proved to weak to be a back-up. So I'm in need of a back-up RW (1.5 million)

Finally. The AMC position (advanced playmaker support). I had Bressan and Arango. But... Arango had a sudden attribute drop due to his high age. I need a new back-up AMC (2 million)

Thanks in advance

Bump.

Strange, some much worse posts with useless and more difficult questions are getting more replies.

Last edited:
Gk: there should be loads of decent experienced gks without contract. Just filter gk no contract 1+ international apps.

Lw: check cabral at Feyenoord. Cheap first season, not sure about second. Also check Martins indi Dlc, de Vrij Drc, bakkal 27yo amc with contract running out after season 1.

Lumb from Zenith is decent and cheap but may not be the top LB you are looking for. RB Vrsaljko obviously but he wont be cheap anymore, de VRij from Feyenoord is pretty talented DRC and cheap usually

new top class LB - masilela (south africa lb) - around 300k

I'm currently gladbach and 1st in my game

Try loaning or buying torje from udinese for your winger
cb try kara
gk maybe kuscak from man utd? He usually want to leave
acm maybe try erick Torres?

Hello folks,

I finishied 2nd in my first season with Mönchengladback and now I need some help with the transfers.

Daems (too old), Wendt (6 million, couldn't refuse that) went out, so I need a new top class LB (5 million). I already loaned Jack Robinson who seems to be a excellent second choice.

With Ter Stegen and Guilherme, I think I need another experienced GK (free-500k) who's happy to be second/third choice.

My RB's were performing awful last season (costing me the Bundesliga title). I'll loan out Zimmermann (who was obviously not ready) and Janschke will have to be second choice behind a new top class RB (5 million).

I need also a talented cheap ball playing defender (1.5 million) behind Anderson Martins.

In the Left Winger (inside forward), I have Reus. But I'm here in need of a good back-up LW (2-3 million).

In the right winger (winger attack) it's almost the same situation. I have here Alex Teixeira, but Leckie and Herrmann (too young) proved to weak to be a back-up. So I'm in need of a back-up RW (1.5 million)

Finally. The AMC position (advanced playmaker support). I had Bressan and Arango. But... Arango had a sudden attribute drop due to his high age. I need a new back-up AMC (2 million)

Thanks in advance

Im currently 5th season with Gladbach and was able to address most of those needs along the way.

For GK I signed Ricardo on a free after the first season as my 3rd choice keeper behind ter Stegan and Hildebrand.

I brought in Romario for 4.8 M. He is top class at RB already at age 21 for me.

As for left back, I went with Masilela for M. Haifa for a few years before bringing in Andreas Beck.

For backup wingers, look into Kevin Grossgreutz from Dortmund who I got for 1.4 M to backup my wingers.

As for an AMC, maybe look into Leandro Bittencourt from Cottbus who is a young german who develops nicely.

Regarding a cheap CB, Ive had success with Xulu from Sundowns who comes for something like 180k.

Gladbach is a lot of fun to manage and you can really build a world class team if you stay long enough and have success. My current lineup with Gladbach:

GK: ter Stegen
RB: Romario / Masilela
CB: Papasthathopoulos / Xulu
CB: Papadopoulos / Dante
LB: Beck / Jantschke
CM: Hamsik / Cigerci
CM: Stepanenko / Nordveidt
AML: di Maria / Shaqiri
AMC: Coutinho
AMR: Reus / Grosskreutz
ST: Kadlec / Fierro

Thank you for the reply. That's an awesome team you got there.

When should Romario be good enough for a team that's challenging (currently 1st) for the Bundesliga?