Mac Problem - Game will not start up

jamied10

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me. I've been playing football manager 2011 with no problems via steam for around two months now. However, for the last couple of days it has failed to launch. The 'preparing to launch football manager 2011' box comes up and then disappears almost instantly. I have tried restarting my macbook, going through the steam box, but other than that my knowledge on computers is pretty limited. I have no idea why it is happening because it was working with absolutely no problems before.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thank you.

Hi ,

I have the same problem as jamied10. is it because I use OS X 10.4.11?

Thank you

Did you ever figure out the problem? Mine still isn't working.

Did you ever figure out the problem? Mine still isn't working.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

no, my remains.. :( please help .. i don't no why ? I did everything pleople tell to do..

Thank for any help

I have been playing FM2010 on the mac for a while now, and it wouldn't start up all of a sudden after i had installed Updates for iTunes.

I was advised to do time machine but i never used it. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it many times. I then thought i would re download that patches for FM2010, and it worked. So if you've upgraded any software then i would advise downloading the latest patch, it worked for me on FM2010, haven't got FM11 yet so dont know if this would work, but you can try

My mac is working fine with it, strange

Have you tried installing it again

It looks like a steam problem. Re install without steam, that should do the trick.