bennyboy599

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a new laptop for the new university year and I'm thinking of making the switch from PC to Mac.

My current laptop is a HP Envy 17" with a 2.2GHz i7 processor and 12GB of RAM.

The MacBook Pro I'm looking at is the 13" with retina display, 3.1GHz i7 processor and 16GB of RAM.

All I really do on the laptop is uni work on Microsoft Office, moderate internet browsing and of course plentiful FM playing!

So I'm wondering whether the MacBook I've described would be suitable for FM, and if anyone has any experience with one I'd love to hear about it? Also any advice on how FM plays on 13" as the smallest I've played at is 15" so far.

The alternative options are the 2.9GHz i5 processor and 8GB of RAM, or any combination of the processors/RAM mentioned. Could anyone recommend whether I could get away with some lower spec hardware, and still run the game at a good speed? I tend to have about 60k players loaded into a database.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Hey mate, I have a MacBook Pro and play a little FM on it, however I have a supercharged iMac and it makes the Macbook feel slow but the MacBook is ok. Go with the first specs you spoke about, however the **** thing is, when you play FM16' you need to turn off retina display resolution in "Mac Settings" and then fiddle with the resolution and zoom in the "FM settings" (otherwise game runs really slow and fans go full blast). Refer to the pics below, keep in mind I took these on the iMac so the display settings may look slightly different.

In Mac Display Settings - select "scaled" instead of "Default for Display"
In FM Preferences - fiddle with "Window Mode and Resolution" & "Size of Text & Images" until you find the right combo. (usually gotta lower resolution and increase zoom).

View attachment 127010View attachment 127009

Keep in mind, I think FM17 they are going to fix the issues with Retina.