Macey Triangle Formation. 1 Mission: Goals!

Maceyp

Reaction score
Welcome to Macey Triangle Formation

The tactic that is going to be released below is a tactic that I really made for a bit of fun to see how it would do in my Team Tactics Project. The Project is where I try to replicate team tactics to how they play in real life. Then use that tactic on a Team which has players all at 200CA and 9 other CPU teams that have same players. Its Season of 10 teams that play 4 times. The Triangle Tactic surprised me in many ways. It's Defense was good not the best but good. It's Attack well it scored more goals then the other 24 tactics that have been tested. The no.1 tactic in that list was Bayern it had 46 goals but best defense. This Triangle tactic had 65 GOALS! Please test this tactic in your games, give it a minimum of 10 games to settle in and post your results and success. All feedback welcome.

Formation

The formation you are going to see is a 2-3-2-1-2. Why this formation? Well as the title says its called Triangles. If you look at the image (annex. A) you will notice that you can see many triangles. In the second image you will see red lines of what the team really do during a game.

View attachment 453609
(annex. A)

This is what the players position will look like in transitions.
View attachment 453606

Training

I've always kept my training simple, others may change this and experience better results, but this is up to you.

General: Balanced.
Intensity: High
Match Focus: Teamwork
Only Rest after match.

Tactic

Mentality: Control
Fluidity: Fluid

Team Instructions

Retain Possession
Short Passing
Work Ball into Box
Play out of Defence
Exploit the Flanks
Look for Overlap
Push Higher
Stick to Position
Hassle Opponents
Get Stuck In
Use Tight Marking
Higher Tempo

Players

The players have to be generally good in there positions and have high teamwork, work rate and stamina.

Shouts and OI

Nothing, the shouts are included in tactic and I don't feel the need of using OI's. I play to my teams strong points and not to counter the other teams strong points.

Thank You

Thank you all for taking your time to read this post. Please feel free to check out my Team Tactics Thread and if there is a team style you would like me to replicate just post the team name in that thread. Once again thanks for your time and
Please test this tactic in your games, give it a minimum of 10 games to settle in and post your results and success. All feedback welcome.

Download Tactic: Macey - Triangles

Last edited:
Mentality, fluidity, team instructions? I would like to know these before downloading.

you actually have exploit the flanks with no wide players?

you actually have exploit the flanks with no wide players?
Yes, Because the CWB push so far forward and the plays in middle bring opponents central. Leaving the CWB with loads of space and time. allowing us to spread the ball around more.