Clince121188

Reaction score
I have uploaded my first ever formation on the site

The link is here: Madrid - Pulse Attack - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

The formation itself is primarily meant for Real Madrid as the specific player instructions have been developed with their players in mind. It can be used of course with a team of similar player.

The basis of the formation is an organised and solid defense with attacking players bursting forward when possession is gained. key players as in IRL for Madrid are the DMCL, AMC and AML

Base Formation​

The formation itself may seem a little strange for Madrid, but as you can see from these average positions, the players do stray from the formation when in possession.

Average Positions

View attachment 332568

Although the tactic was created in the tactic editor, almost all instructions have been manually tweaked. The tactic is by no means THE definitive Real Madrid tactic but I have scored a lot of goals in that familar high tempo counter style.

I developed this tactic with the sole purpose of replicating Madrids style however it has also been an extremely succesful tactic for me.

Results

View attachment 332569

League Standings

View attachment 332570

Key Attributes For Players

GK(Casillas): Good general keeping stats + reasonable kicking and throwing
DR(Arbeloa): Positioning, Tackling, Workrate, Stamina
DCR(Ramos): Good general CB atts. + with reasonable passing and pace stats
DCL(Varane): Good general CB atts.(particularly Strngth and Jump.) + ok passing and pace
DL(Marcelo): Reasonable defensive atts., good pace, dribbling, off the ball and crossing
DMCL(Alonso): Positioning, Passing, Teamwork, Creativity, Decisions, Technique+ok tackling
MR(Di Maria): Dribbling, Passing, Off the Ball, Flair and pace + acceleration
MCR(Khedira): Workrate, Stamina, Position., Teamwrk,Concentration, Decisions,tackling,off ball
AMC(Ozil): Technique, Passing, Creativity, First Touch, Off the Ball, Flair, Agility, Teamwrk
AML(Ronaldo): Pace,Dribbling,Finishing,Off The Ball,Flair,Technique, Flair
ST(Benzema): Dribbling,Finishing,Technique,Off The Ball,Composure + reasonable pace+passing

If there is anything else you would like to know about this tactic let me know :D

Feedback is welcomed and encouraged as I am still tweaking the tactic slightly :D

1) match prep and general training
2) team talks?
3) pitch size
4) shouts
5) more results and more info on tactic, analysis
6) you need to play more than 12 games especially with a team like Real Madrid buddy :)

I say this all to avoid you having to answer the same question from dozens of people :)

Looks brilliant will give it a test with my Real Madrid save as we speak! My third tactic has been a very similar tactic to this one, used when playing away from home against Barcelona and tough Champions League opponents, but I haven't had that much of success with it. So hopefully this will work better!

Just a question, can you move up Di Maria to AMR? Or will this make the tactic weaker?

Looks brilliant will give it a test with my Real Madrid save as we speak! My third tactic has been a very similar tactic to this one, used when playing away from home against Barcelona and tough Champions League opponents, but I haven't had that much of success with it. So hopefully this will work better!

Just a question, can you move up Di Maria to AMR? Or will this make the tactic weaker?

Cheers mate,

It might make the tactic less stable defensively if you move Di Maria.....you could try it and maybe move his mentality back a couple of clicks but I haven't done this myself just yet.

2) team talks?
3) pitch size
4) shouts
6) you need to play more than 12 games especially with a team like Real Madrid buddy :)

I say this all to avoid you having to answer the same question from dozens of people :)

Will do all of this pretty soon, and post at the end of the season to show more results etc.

2) team talks?
3) pitch size
4) shouts

I left Match Prep, General Training and Shouts alone as I just wanted to test the tactic on it's own without anything else thrown in(Shouts would be pointless for this tactic anyway as almost all sliders have been ticked)

Pitch Size: Standard
Teamtalks: Again nothing specific here

More Results will be on the way soon :)

What info and analysis exactly would you like to see about the tactic?