Maffayoo

Reaction score
Hello guys I'll get straight to the point I love 4-2-3-1 and FM base and many other sites lack good 4-2-3-1 formations so I decided to try and try again with other tactics people had made close to 4-2-3-1 I believe the original for this was Knaps 4-2-4 counter Stargazing formation I took this and turned it into a 4-2-3-1 and have had amazing results.

I rarely play as other teams other then Chelsea but this year struggled to find a tactic that played football I really liked. So I started a online game with a friend myself as Chelsea he chose Arsenal currently we are in 2019 and he had dominated with TTF's Supernova for 2 seasons I could not beat him until the most recent season I changed to this tactic and had great success

The Formation/Duties

View attachment 171893

The idea is to pressure the opponent and get the ball back as fast as possible and counter (lets be real this doesn't happen)

This team is clearly quite a super team but it took a few seasons to build. Arsenal has a much better team.

Season results

View attachment 171892

View attachment 171891

View attachment 171890

3 Thophies this season Champs League,Prem,Capital Cup

Ideal players -

GK - Anyone here is fine
WB - Crossing and pace is vital here "Sime Vrsaljko" is a top choice
CB - Positioning Tackling Heading Marking and over 13 acceleration
CM - Personally I feel you need one creative midfielder and the other should be more defensive minded
LAM/RAM - Inside forward left footers on the right vice versa
CAM - Any creative CAM should work here
ST - Defensive forward anyone should work Costa/Vardy top choices

Training - put players to the position they play so your strikers would be set to train as defensive forwards.

Assistant manager takes care of everything apart from team talks which are whatever you like.

Match tactics - Normally set to attack movement against big teams which give problems defending movement

Credits to Knap for the base tactic here. The defence is left the same with adjustments up top (defensive line moved backonly)

Happy to welcome anyone to test on any team would love to know if it worked on smaller teams or not.

Tactic Link https://www.mediafire.com/?uroxw5u77cxx9dk v2

Last edited:
Is this for the most recent patch?

I play with Chelsea only :) but this year I decided to give Leicester City a go and I am 3rd season won 2 Capital ones and finished top 5 than 2nd in season two and now in 3rd season I am looking at a tactic to win the league. But it so **** hard.

I play with Chelsea only :) but this year I decided to give Leicester City a go and I am 3rd season won 2 Capital ones and finished top 5 than 2nd in season two and now in 3rd season I am looking at a tactic to win the league. But it so **** hard.

I hope you take mine into consideration :) not sure how it will work with leicester though

Good to see it holding up against a TTF tactic

Good to see it holding up against a TTF tactic

The arsenal team my friend is running blows my team out the water and im still able to keep the games close and potentially take wins

Sadly my fm2016 just got revoked on steam for no reason so im stuck with not being able to test on lower teams while my friend isn't online

Using this with Napoli and first impressions are it's very good on 16.3. I've changed IFs to winger support & DLF to AF and is working well.

View attachment 171302

Surprised this tactic doesn't get more comments, not lost yet with a tweaked version and it's not even fully familiar yet. The screenshot is against bottom side but not had that many shots in a game before.

View attachment 1030026

Surprised this tactic doesn't get more comments, not lost yet with a tweaked version and it's not even fully familiar yet. The screenshot is against bottom side but not had that many shots in a game before.

its post like your what will hopefully get people testing it more I find the tactic creates alot more CCC then TFF does

Is it for 16.2? And how good is it for 'weak' clubs like Bologna, Chievo, Inglostad, etc.?

Is it for 16.2? And how good is it for 'weak' clubs like Bologna, Chievo, Inglostad, etc.?

I'm using it on 16.3 but there were not many ME changes from 16.2. I would think it could be used on weaker sides as it is highly structured and counter.

With Leverkusen I lost my 3 league matches and made 2 draws in CL play offs with another tactic

Changed to this tactic and won 5 from 5....

Using this in my Exeter save in lower league, struggling for some reason

instructions

hi gonna give this tactic a go , but what instuctions do I use ?

You can try the OIs in Stargazing thread, as usually help with a 4231.