Mafia II

The demo disappointed me when I tried it, but I wouldn't buy this game on principle anyway; they have released paid for DLC within weeks of release, which I consider shameful and exploitative, if the content is there it should be on the disc and free with the rest of your purchase.

....I am saving up for Halo:Reach...looks far better than this game

Played it on PC, enjoyed it but completed it in almost 10 hours, way too short.

The demo disappointed me when I tried it, but I wouldn't buy this game on principle anyway; they have released paid for DLC within weeks of release, which I consider shameful and exploitative, if the content is there it should be on the disc and free with the rest of your purchase.
DLC is fine when the original game they are releasing is big anyway, GTA4, RDR, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 for instance, but EA invented a system where they release half a game, charge full price, then expect you to pay for the other half online and unfortunately lots of other developers are following their lead.

Last edited:
Played it on PC, enjoyed it but completed it in almost 10 hours, way too short.

That's because they took out a whole story arc and make you pay an extra tenner for it...

I'm saving money for FM 2011 or/and CoD: Black Ops
Mafia for some reson doesnt attract my wallet

Last edited:
DLC is fine when the original game they are releasing is big anyway, GTA4, RDR, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 for instance, but EA invented a system where they release half a game, charge full price, then expect you to pay for the other half online and unfortunately lots of other developers are following their lead.

Yeah I don't mind DLC like that which continues support and adds to the game, like how Bioware support a game for a year post-release through DLC (and good DLC at that), but removing content (or working on it while developing the main game) to sell it at additional cost ****** me off, as do overpriced map packs and basically anything activision does these days.

Completed in ten hours, was a good story though, how long is the add on?

I completed it over a couple of days, decided to go through it on Hard just for the achievement and collect all the wanted posters & playboy magazines, just stuck on one wanted poster at the minute but haven't been on it for a week or so due to playing other things

Yeah I don't mind DLC like that which continues support and adds to the game, like how Bioware support a game for a year post-release through DLC (and good DLC at that), but removing content (or working on it while developing the main game) to sell it at additional cost ****** me off, as do overpriced map packs and basically anything activision does these days.

Yes EA are complete bastards for this, take tiger woods for example every year they release the game then within about 3 months of release the release additional 10 DLC courses and a cost of approx £5 each, so thats an extra £50 on top of the £40 you paid for the game. As a result this year is the first year since I got my PS3 I have not bought tiger woods, as on last years version I was ranked 74th in the world and EA kept releasing these DLC courses which I refused to buy and then couldn't play on in the daily/weekly online tournaments.

Totally agree - DLC is a financial rip-off for stuff that should have been included in the original release. Even Mass Effect 2 was way too short for an RPG of it's stature - WITHOUT the DLC.

Remember Eldar Scrolls Oblivion ? That's how to make a brilliant long-lasting game WITHOUT DLC. The expansion disks came out 6 + months after the initial game release & added another 20-30 hrs ( conservative estimate ) playing time to your experience.

DLC both sucks & blows at the same time.

Bought the DLC, played it for 10 minutes and got bored. Awful.