MagicNut 4-2-4V6 Undefeated with Dynamo kiev

magicnut

Reaction score
DOWNLOAD HERE
Introduction:
To start with , I am not much of a tactician but I have played FM since FM2006 and I have come to observe what I believe works and doesn't in the game and have decided to create this formation as I had not found anything simular on the forums .
Description:
(I use verza away and tinkerman as backup tactics , but nearly ALL the matches were played with my tactic , particularly second season I haven't switch to the other tactics ever).
View attachment 238047View attachment 238046
The tactic is a fluid system where pretty much all players contribute to the attacking play , with high possession and many chances created in each game. Ill go over what I look for in each position briefly:

GK:Reflexes , Aerial ability , Jumping , Agility , Strength ,Communication/command of area , mental stats particularly positioning and also preferable good ball distribution.

Fullbacks:Attack oriented fullbacks that are quick , with good physicals especially stamina , can defend solidly (tackling marking positioning) , but also can come forward well with crossing , dribbling , off the ball etc.

CB: Tall powerful cbs with good Tackling , marking , jumping strength etc.preferable that very aggresive and brave , ball playing defender must have good first touch technique passing vision and composure.(juan jesus isnt ideal for me but his other stats namely his defensive stats and physicals are very good so I payed much money).
Pace is optional and though preferable not decisive.

DMC:simular qualities as the cb , although doesnt have to be great in the air (although preferable).Extremely preferable that decent on the ball first touch , technique vision passing etc, high WORKRATE is key.

CM:Must be highly technical on the ball (I have veratti and canales in rotation) also I think quite important is composure and ofcourse:key is vision and passing , also must be somewhat quick and reasonably athletic (canales actually lacks some physicals but plays well cuz his other stats are great).

Wingers:
Wingers must be quick , technical , athletic with good mental stats and preferable ability to track back (workrate) they play an important part in the team's defensive shape, yarmolenko plays ideally for my team.So basically stats in particular to look for : acceleration , pace , agility , stamina , natural fitness , dribbling , first touch , technique , finshing , crossing , off the ball , flair .

Deep lying forward: must have decent ability to pass the ball and vision, must have ability to hold a ball up , strength and balance is important , besides that technical stats , quickness , flair , off the ball etc.

Complete forward must be able do all the basics of a striker , must be decent in the air I think pass a ball decently etc.(simular stats to the deep lying).

RESULTS:

First season we were undefeated in the league and europa league semifinalists.
Second season we are also undefeated with some results so far:

View attachment 238050

Training:
I set the training to Balanced average and Match Tactics.
I don't like to fiddle with the training because I am lazy but you should probably set to fitness high preseason as this is a common approach and it might help somewhat. If your team defends sloppy and not manages to win the ball when pressing , try to put on defending high and be patient because the team may need some time to adapt to the new style.
More recently , I PERMAMENTLY switched to defending high training/match tactics and I know believe it may be the most efficient way after experimenting with other training methods.

Opposition Instructions:
I let my assistant manager handle the OI's . For this I have found an assistant with high tactical knowledge , judging player ability , man management , adaptability etc. Ideal would be something like perhaps Jaap Stam (who is my coach rather than assistant ) but my assistant is Cantarelle who is very good with this. Other assistants for example stankovic , tasotti etc. can also be very good but look for the stats I mentioned.

Last edited:
Have you considered putting the DM to defend instead of support, it looks solid, but I feel you need a bit more defensive cover.

Have you considered putting the DM to defend instead of support, it looks solid, but I feel you need a bit more defensive cover.

Actually I believe the first versions of the tactic used the DM in a defensive role as a ball winning midfielder I also tried as anchor man and DM Defend , but ive changed the role to this because in a too defensive role the dmc is poorly positioned almost as another centerback rather than how I want him to be playing.I want the dm to be able to contribute to the buildup play as I wrote earlier but not per say as a regista or anything , this seems to be the role that gets the most of the player , particularly sydorchuk.

Give my tactic a try and post your results...I want to see if it consistently works for people.

Last edited:
can you share the tactic? because some one as me don't have the original version

Quality tactic mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

please provide the link to download tactic

can you share the tactic? because some one as me don't have the original version
I don't feel the need to share the original tactics as I feel the 6th version is where its working more or less efficiently and the originals aren't perfected.If you really want it send me a private message and I will send it to you..

please provide the link to download tactic
The link to the tactic is at the top of the page please put some glasses and find it 8-|
I changed the font size of the link so as maybe you will see it better though..

they only wanted for you to share your tactic on another file sharing site..
not everyone can download from steam community even with glasses..
bbye

they only wanted for you to share your tactic on another file sharing site..
not everyone can download from steam community even with glasses..
bbye
Well but my friend , firstly how hard can it be and who would be limited to not being able to simply log in with their steam account and download the tactic (surely you have a steam account , if you don't then register one?)...
Or at least if you ask this , specify what you mean ?Why not write "post it on a filesharing site , I cannot download from the steam community?"...Also I just read some of that guy's forum posts out of curiousity and about half is "link your tactic m8" ..:SoO)

If you dont want to use steam, there is a site call steam workshop downloader, just can post the URL and d/l the file itself.

looks good but have u tested it with other teams

With my QPR Save finished first season in the championship 100+ pts 1st position...
Currently just started the second season tho but I am taking a break from fm so I wont be playing the save much ..

UPON POPULAR REQUEST I HAVE UPLOAD THE TACTIC HERE:
Mega File Upload - MAGICNUT 4-2-4 v6 _596BA477-88D3-4119-A48E-E79D96F50593.fmf

Update:tried it on my Monaco save , won the league second season was 12 pts clear of psg at some point (but finished 4 pts clear because played youngsters the last few games and lost some games).Champions league semifinals lost to Bayern on away goals.

Also I may add that I now believe certain teams may take a longer time than others to adapt to the tactic (namely they are not used to closing down or the attacking style, etc.) If your team's defensive shape falls apart when players close down trying to win the ball and missing tackles put training to defending high and be patient until the team adapts.

Last edited:
So, you've started the game with QPR and by using this tactic you've won the PL in your first season?

So, you've started the game with QPR and by using this tactic you've won the PL in your first season?

I started the game with QPR using the pr0's update in the championship dude..oO)I won the championship first season...
didnt play the save since then .But I currently play on another save which is Monaco...

Just a quick update in 2018 on my AS Monaco save I won every single throphy , the league with 104pts (I believe 15pts clear of psg) , Champions League (first time me winning on this fm ) vs real madrid 6-3 in the final , and both of the french cups.(H)
all using this tactic ofc.

I have tried the tactic for over a season with crystal palace and ended up relegated. What am i doing wrong. What team talks should i use left it to assistant

I have tried the tactic for over a season with crystal palace and ended up relegated. What am i doing wrong. What team talks should i use left it to assistant

what training are u using? team talks if the team isnt winning far from pleased aggresively..
if winning by one goal try dont get complacent..
before the match if u are the favorites expect a win , if you are an underdog no pressure etc..

Let me see your singings , typical starting 11 etc?
did u change your staff?I recommend changing an assistant manager and finding one with high determination , tactical knowledge , judging player ability and man management , share ur league table , fixtures and results plz if possible?im curious..

Btw crystal palace their strikers all suck , gk's kind of suck and leftback also those are the positions u need to strengthen ..centerbacks aren't the best either start hangeland always as he is the most solid cb i suppose

Last edited:
I've been using' this tactic along with Bluth's tactic for my Hibs side. I'm getting so many shots on target but they won't go in. Any help. My squad (which is good enough for the english championship) should be destroying the likes of Cowdenbeath etc.