Magpies threaten FA with Owen ban

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle could get an injunction to stop Michael Owen playing for England over a compensation dispute with the FA.

More...

I kno it was a bad injury, but **** happens, every other club has to deal with an injury, It cannot be the FA's fault owen got injured - as much as I hate the FA, Newcastle should not recieve a penny. Owen is contracted to newcastle, newcastle could decide 1) If he is crocked just cancel his contract and pay him off 2) If they want open, pay for his treatment!!

I doubt if this was some1 like Craig Moore playing for Australia they would not give 2 ***** bout gaining compensation.

I think your wrong sorry. Owen was rushed back into action way to soon by the FA and as a result he got injured AGAIN. Newcastle did not want him at the WC because of this and he has missed all season as a result. Same around this time he should not be called up for Andora ffs you have plenty strikers capable of playing them. Give the man time to get back to his best.

I don't think he should be rushed back at all but I do think Newcastle need to get on with it n move on from the whole Owen thing, its nearly 9months since it happened!

exactly nine months of wages they've had to pay because the FA are a bunch of arseholes.

Everyone knows he is prone to injury so rushing him back was a serious health risk. I know that its the same for every club but that doesnt make it right.

I agree it doesn't, I know Owen is world class and I kno he is fairly susceptible to injuries but no player is bigger than the FA (even tho I hate the FA), I know my opinion aint popular but I think Football is dominated too much by those who feel hard done by and will claim wherever they can when they are already rich. Its not like newcastle are desperate for money.

Newcastle paid alot of money for Michael Owen and never got to see the return because of what happened.