Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Magpies wait on Smith injury news

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Alan Smith faces an anxious wait to find out the extent of his ankle injury he suffered in a challenge by Sunderland's Kieron Richardson on Sunday.

More...

Jak

Reaction score
hopefully he will be injured until the end of January so we don't sign him :D

Who needs Ba; we got Best
Reaction score
^^

Please, take him.

Appalling player.

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
Meh, really do not care. he has been utter **** this season, pleased he cannot be selected v Spurs.

Reaction score
I'm another person to be pleased with this. Brilliant news! Looks like Best and Ameobi will be upfront again :/

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Was excellent as a striker back in the day, and I have to admit I think Fergie may have ruined him by trying to play him as a CM.

He's not cut out for it. Used to be a fantastic striker, now a mediocre midfielder. Real shame.. His horiffic leg break didn't help him much either really.

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
Smith breaking his leg was such a shame, and the subsequent midfield role is nothing short of abysmal. Waste of a talent, no idea why Leeds want him? :S

Jak

Reaction score
Smith breaking his leg was such a shame, and the subsequent midfield role is nothing short of abysmal. Waste of a talent, no idea why Leeds want him? :S
I hope Grayson doesn't want him. I brought it up because many members of the 606 Leeds board want him back to help give our midfield more bite. I don't want him back cos I don't think he can play that role well and we can get someone better. Unlike a lot of Leeds fans I don't hate him for going to Man Utd. I see it as he left us to help out our financial situation

Reaction score
why is he a cm anyway?

he used to be a great forward

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
why is he a cm anyway?

he used to be a great forward
I thought it was cus of his injury but I'm not so sure... To be honest he was never much of a goalscorer.

Who needs Ba; we got Best
Reaction score
I thought it was cus of his injury but I'm not so sure... To be honest he was never much of a goalscorer.
I think people saw potential as a ball winning midfielder because of his aggressiveness, as well as his injury meaning he didn't have as much stamina so a role where he could sit in front of the defence was supposed to be ideal.

Unfortunately, he has never really adapted.

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah he was moved becuase of that, but SAF wanted to harness his aggression and lack of stamina....didnt work

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

truth he wasnt ever going to be good enough after injury, but it would have taken a cold cold heart to immediately sell him, especially as it was his commitment that got him injured