Chico Nico

Reaction score
I need help! One of my Key players is unsettled and says that he feels he should be a first team regular but he is "indispensable to club" and i played him most of the matches apart from matches that i rotate players when they are tired or to try new youngsters.

How can i solve this and make him stay and be happy? Keep on playing him every game? I mean he's a left Winger, scored 6 goals 14 apps and 6 assists! Rating of 7.37.
Every key game like against a top side, he always scores or assists good.

I also offered him a top contract but he rejected it!

If he wants to leave, and doesn't accept a new contract, then your job now is to sell him for the best price- And then find a replacement of the same standard. Moving is on a tough thing to do in football, so I'd line up a replacement, before selling him.

If he wants to leave, and doesn't accept a new contract, then your job now is to sell him for the best price- And then find a replacement of the same standard. Moving is on a tough thing to do in football, so I'd line up a replacement, before selling him.

I don't know if he wants to leave tho...He is unsettled but he said he feels he should be a first team regular. What happens if i keep playing him? Plus it's very hard to find a replacement for him! Especially for my league 2 team!

I don't know if he wants to leave tho...He is unsettled but he said he feels he should be a first team regular. What happens if i keep playing him? Plus it's very hard to find a replacement for him! Especially for my league 2 team!

Keep playing him then!

What season are you in? And whats your transfer and wage budget? You can keep playing him but you might just bring the morale of others down in the team, which will bring poor performances- As I said before, it is hard to sell your best players, but realistically you can't keep hold of them forever.

I offer to club for 2m, he is valued 1.5m. 5/6 teams are interested such as Championship teams Middlesbrough.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

What season are you in? And whats your transfer and wage budget? You can keep playing him but you might just bring the morale of others down in the team, which will bring poor performances- As I said before, it is hard to sell your best players, but realistically you can't keep hold of them forever.

I am in 1st season, just started as stevenage, have 1 million on transfer, wage budget - 10k above budget. I'll just sell him, i have some decent backup.

if all else fails just right click on him and create a player filter should show some decent treplacememnts :)

if all else fails just right click on him and create a player filter should show some decent treplacememnts :)

I've done that and theres no one that can match up except these top class people but obviously they don't want to join my league 1 side now :/. I've got some others but they are not as good as he is...

Keep playing him, be careful with individual teamtalks on him, if his morale is poor or good, say you have faith/no pressure, if it's superb and he had a rating of above 7.5 previous match, say pick up where left off, see how he reacted via assistant manager, if he responded well and played a good match, keep doing it.
Can you still communicate with him? How is his relationship with you?
When will his contract end? You might want to consider selling him if he rejects a new contract and his current one expires within 1 year.

Keep playing him, be careful with individual teamtalks on him, if his morale is poor or good, say you have faith/no pressure, if it's superb and he had a rating of above 7.5 previous match, say pick up where left off, see how he reacted via assistant manager, if he responded well and played a good match, keep doing it.
Can you still communicate with him? How is his relationship with you?
When will his contract end? You might want to consider selling him if he rejects a new contract and his current one expires within 1 year.

I've decided to sell him...he's on a 3 year contract. I don't know if he is communicating well but he performs excellent, his morale is good and his avr rating is 7.44. He's valued 1.5m but i selling him for 2m. I got him for 1.5 so. He's unsettled so i guess its best to sell him before he causes any havoc. When i done in team talk...pick off where he left off, it said "nothing noted" i guess that means that he aint paying attention so yeah.