MajorMash

Reaction score
Hi All!

So I am starting the Pentagon Challenge (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/86065-pentegon-challenge.html) and thought that I would do updates once a season in the form of a story. So here goes!

Also: I will keep a record of trophies etc won in this top post:

Champions League:
African Champions League!

League Titles:
South African First Division - 1
South African Premier Soccer League - 1

Trophies:
First Division Cup - 1
SA Cup - 1
Super 8 Cup - 1

Season One:

MP Black Aces

League Table:
View attachment 205668

Squad:
View attachment 205667

Transfers:
View attachment 205666

Competitions:

South African First Division - 1st
SA Cup - Semi Final
First Division Cup - Winners!

League Player Stats:
View attachment 205669

All in all a great first season!! I am very happy to win the Double in my first season in charge!

Any hints or anything on what to add/remove to make it more interesting please leave below! Please remember i am trying to breeze through the seasons though, not spend ages on each season trying to write a full on story and report about each match. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Season Two:

MP Black Aces

League Table:
View attachment 205796

Squad:

View attachment 205795

Transfers:
View attachment 205797

Competitions:

South African Premier Soccer League - 5th
SA Cup - Quarter Final
SA KO Cup - Quarter Final

League Player Stats:
View attachment 205794

Pretty Happy with my final standings for the 2012/2013 season, it leaves me in quite a good position to build upon due to the majority of my squad being quite young. Disappointed with the results in the cups, but nothing i can do now.

Currently in the off season, and i am debating between applying for other jobs that could be easier to get my reputation up, and allow me to manage "big" clubs, or staying at Black Aces and trying to win the African Championship League. What do you think?

Season Three:

MP Black Aces

League Table:
View attachment 206259

Squad:

View attachment 206257

Transfers:
View attachment 206256

Competitions:

South African Premier Soccer League - 1st!!!!
SA Cup - Quarter Final
SA KO Cup - Semi Final

League Player Stats:

View attachment 206258

CHAMPIONS!! Very happy with winning the league in my 3rd season! Now I can consolidate and try to win the league again, as well as attempting to win the champions league! And really begin my pentagon challenge!!

Hopefully the one thing I can improve heavily on next year is my cups, I always seem to be doing pretty poorly in these, which is quite annoying in terms of money and finances. Not that i need it, i am currently £2,000,000 in the green, but a bit more cash is always helpful, considering my wage budget is a paltry £19,500.

Time for the African Champions League! Does anyone know what kind of money you get from the African Champions League, in terms of TV Rights etc?

well done man how did u manage to win the prem so quick???

well done man how did u manage to win the prem so quick???

not sure exactly, I think i was quite lucky, I did end the seasoon with about 15-20 penalties!

You will notice a guy i sold for £550,000 Clifford Mulenga. I think he was the difference, allowed me to get off to an almost perfect start to the season! I had 7 of my draws, and both of my losses, after he was sold for his Release Clause. He had an average rating of 7.96, and he won the league assist count despite leaving in January!! 18 games, 18 assists, and 8 goals! Superstar!

I am almost certain I can thank him and him alone for me winning the league!

I played him as an AML, here are his stats: View attachment 207429

Also:

does anyone know how to increase you average attendance?

my average attendance is 5000 for this season, at approximately 15% of my stadiums capacity of 35000..

Its not like i am not successful, i won the league last season, am currently second by goal difference in March, and teams like Sundowns and Orlando Pirates, who are 4th and 9th respectively, are averaging 98% stadium capacity!!

not sure exactly, I think i was quite lucky, I did end the seasoon with about 15-20 penalties!

You will notice a guy i sold for £550,000 Clifford Mulenga. I think he was the difference, allowed me to get off to an almost perfect start to the season! I had 7 of my draws, and both of my losses, after he was sold for his Release Clause. He had an average rating of 7.96, and he won the league assist count despite leaving in January!! 18 games, 18 assists, and 8 goals! Superstar!

I am almost certain I can thank him and him alone for me winning the league!

I played him as an AML, here are his stats: View attachment 207429

he looks awesome i wont need to sign him though as i have now got a job in england :D welling :p in BSS and I decided not to take on the pentegon challange where the england leagues arent loaded as i am very good in the english lower leagues :)

Season Four:

MP Black Aces

League Table:
View attachment 207792

Squad:

View attachment 207793

Transfers:
View attachment 207790

Competitions:

South African Premier Soccer League - 2nd
SA Cup - Winners!
SA KO Cup - Quarter Finals
Super 8 Cup - Semi Finals
Champions League - In Progress - To be updated!

League Player Stats:

View attachment 207791

Stay tuned for an update listing my acheivements in the Champions League!!

An alright season, two more key players being sold due to a release clause :( both rather vital players as well!! Not to disappointed with my fourth season, but I do miss out on the Champions League next season.

More to come in a new update shortly!!

I'll follow this, going to take on the pentagon challenge myself soon :)

to stop anyone else getting sold over your head you should renew the contracts of all you'r key players with higher release clauses so people are put off bidding.

Don't have the time to do this challenge (my ultimate challenge is to make dartford (BSS team) win champions league..), so I really support you !

I'll try to follow your (potential) legendary mission..!! Waiting for news !

good luck and I hope you'll keep both ur job and ur girlfriend !! ;)

Alright guys i am back and ready to continue this story/challenge!!

After deciding to have a bit of fun with Sparta Prague, and then working 7 days a week for the last month, it has been quite a while since i have played or updated this challenge but i am keen to get back into it!!

At the moment i am sitting 5th in the league in the year and have just started in the 5th season. I am also in the African Champions League, and may or may not be progressing through the group stage, will find out with my update in the next few days!!

Time to continue the challenge!!

Season Five:

MP Black Aces

Squad:
View attachment 219401

Transfers:
View attachment 219402

Competitions:

South African Premier Soccer League - 2nd (In Progress)
SA Cup - Not Entered Yet
Super 8 - Winners!
SA KO Cup - 1st Round
Afr Confederates Cup - Not Entered Yet
African Champions League - WINNERS!!!!!!

View attachment 219403

So of course i resigned shortly after!!

View attachment 219404

So, that is part 1 of 5 of the challenge completed!!! Obviously, I am ecstatic with these results, and it is time to move on. I do however feel as though I want to stay at MP Black Aces, purely because they are one of the strongest teams in Africa, and they are all between 19-23 years old!!

But what must be done must be done, and now it is time to continue!

Who will i manage next? What continent will I be aiming to win the Champions League in next? Stay tuned to find out!!

View attachment 219437

READING HAVE HIRED ME!!

Now I shall try and take reading all the way into the European Champions League!!

Starting off the season in 21st position, with 8 wins, 1 draw and 12 losses. Lets see what i can make of this!!

Season Six:

Reading

Squad:

View attachment 220092

Transfers:
View attachment 220090

Table:
View attachment 220093

League Player Stats:
View attachment 220091

Competitions:

Euro Cup: 4th Qualifying Round (before i arrived at club)
nPower Championship: 3rd (Playoff Winners)
FA Cup: 4th round

Ecstatic. That is how i feel after that amazing turn around once i arrived at the club!!! Going from 21st place, with 8 win, 1 draw and 12 losses, to winning the playoff, is absolutely amazing, and one of my greatest achievements in my short football manager career!

There is a downside of course, my finances are terrible!! Currently £7.23 Million in the red!! I definetely need to sell quite a few players to try and bring this up!!

Time for the premier league, and time to get closer and closer to my next champions league final!!

hey guys. so quick update. About to start first season in the premier league with reading, with Liverpool offer me a job! Being my favorite team, and already in the champions league, i couldn't say no!

Now i am entering the season at the helm of Liverpool!!

Next update wont be for a week as i am going camping.

hey guys. so quick update. About to start first season in the premier league with reading, with Liverpool offer me a job! Being my favorite team, and already in the champions league, i couldn't say no!

Now i am entering the season at the helm of Liverpool!!

Next update wont be for a week as i am going camping.

Congratulations mate!

I am currently in my third season in the challenge, managing Swansea in the EPL. I find that it easier to get good jobs in this than in the 2011 edition. I only spent one season in South Korea when they offered me the job. Probably has something to do with you language.

Anyways good luck with Liverpool!

no more updates ;(

'
'1///////////////////////////////////111111111111;'

'''';lpl;;;'''

#
no mo'4#/1///////////////////////re updates ;
'###[

well done lad i've started with a team in the N-League something hummel expected 7TH 1st at the moment half way :)